Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #31
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by advrkl View Post
The big question is, will my HD storm work with windows 7 ? I had to reinstal windows after a virus took over my computer. My system is presently running xp64 with Edius 5.12. Also what about all the Edius 5.12 plug ins like Pro Dad etc. will they work under windows 7. ? I do not want to reinstall all my other softwear only to find out the newly installed xp64 is the wrong way to start over. BUT I need a working system righ now too.
I think Tony is giving good advice here about having a backup on a seperate drive. I have a working Windows 7 system and am turning out work with it daily. It was a relatively painless upgrade for me.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #32
THoff

If you use your computer to make a living, you need to make regular, comprehensive backups anyway, you simply can't afford to lose the system.

I'm baffled every time I hear about someone trying some upgrade experiment (an application, OS, drivers, whatever) who totally botches the system with no backup.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
tony

Default Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Edius5

I removed my existing C Drive out of my HDStorm PC and bought myself a new Harddrive and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit onto it.
Would I be wise to wait until it's officially support before install Edius5?.
If its best to wait I can do that, I'm in no rush.

I can remove the Windows 7 C Drive and put back my original existing C Drive and I'm up and going again in a few mins.

Thanks in advance.

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #34
Alter Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
I removed my existing C Drive out of my HDStorm PC and bought myself a new Harddrive and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit onto it.

I can remove the Windows 7 C Drive and put back my original existing C Drive and I'm up and going again in a few mins.

Thanks in advance.
I have done the same thing a few months ago. I am happily editing with Win 7 and Edius 5.12 without any major problems and haven't had the need to go back to the old OS drive. My results with with Win 7 and Edius have been 99% positive.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #35
tony

Thanks for that information.

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit
Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #36
pjsssss

And as I mentioned earlier, My experience has mirrored Tom's. I have a backup drive with Vista and I have never used it.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #37
tony

Well, that's good news.
Could I ask, if I install the vista driver for the HDStorm and theres a new driver announced later, what do you do, can I just uninstall the old driver and install the new one, or does it matter which driver you use.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #38
pjsssss

You would simply update the driver.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #39
tony

Oh right, thanks.
Well, in thats case I might install Edius onto my Windows 7 Drive.

Thanks again.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #40
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post

Thanks in advance.
if your PC fails to boot from your old C drive after having run Win7 on a new drive, contact me, I have had first hand experience in discovering the problem

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS