Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Andrew-S

Default problem with v 3.06.00 ?

I have just updated Procoder to version 03.06.00.24320 from 03.05.91. I left Procoder to process some files overnight and in the morning the Queue Manager showed that out of the 6 jobs it was processing (each job is run on its own with the Number of conversion slots set to 1), 3 showed 100% and 3 showed 99% progress, all had the status of ERROR with the Warning / Error column showing for all the jobs “Terminated: No-Progress Timeout.” In the various folders where the original files are located, there are 0 byte .MP4 files with the filenames that I assigned to the finished file and lots of files beginning QT-followed by lots of letters and numbers.
Help!

More details. I have been experimenting changing .TS and MPEG2 files into .MP4 files (streaming options ticked on for use on a flash video server). This was working OK with version 03.05.91 except that I was getting a lip sync error after about 45 mins into the programme, with one .TS file. So I upgraded to the latest version of Procoder to see if it made any difference. All I did was open the existing .PCP file, change the target filename for the output (to reflect that it was the new Procoder), save it and Queue it. I did this with 3 .PCP files and got the above results.
I have just tried to process a 3 minute part (marked in and out points) out of the original .TS file and it worked OK.
I have now tried to process a 1 hour video in PC3, not via the Queue Manager. (It usually takes 2 hours to process a 1 hour recording.) After 2 hours, the progress bar on PC3 was about 80% done, with this message at the bottom of the screen “Source finished. Flushing internal Media Buffers. This can take a few minutes…..” After 30 minutes there was no change. I clicked the stop button. No change. Using the windows task manager, I saw that CMLOQTExportFileWrite.exe was running, so I clicked on End Process. It quit, I closed PC3.

I’m now going to try and go back to the previous version.

Again help please.

Bye Andrew
Andrew-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
THoff

I've had batch conversions with QuickTime targets in the past with PC3, not just the current version. It seems that the conversion actually finishes but that the files aren't moved to the designated output folder.

Search your system for the temporary files, the will have the correct extension but a different base name. I never had any problems just renaming and moving the files myself, the files were intact.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Jerry

When the update came out it was discovered that the dual pass mpeg 2 and vob would not work in NTSC land. It works fine in PAL. There are definite issues with the 3.06 version. If you are doing H.264 or mp4, it does work fine. The files work in Encore without reencoding. As far as the other issues, it depends what part of the planet you are on.
I have one version 3.05 on one machine and 3.06 on the other.
Go figure.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
HamonSerrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
When the update came out it was discovered that the dual pass mpeg 2 and vob would not work in NTSC land. It works fine in PAL. There are definite issues with the 3.06 version. If you are doing H.264 or mp4, it does work fine. The files work in Encore without reencoding. As far as the other issues, it depends what part of the planet you are on.
I have one version 3.05 on one machine and 3.06 on the other.
Go figure.
Other issue is that you can't set exact bitrate values with 3.06.
The H.264 raw or .TS exporter was changed, it has mauch more options now, but the output quality seems much lower to me.
I had many Timeout Errors when batch converting many jobs, similar to the OP.

I've downgraded to 3.05, everything is perfect now :)
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
Paul Curtis

I think I've figured this one out. The problem arises on two-pass encoding when the Closed Caption field is set to "GOP User Data," and for some reason, this setting is locked in on all of the NTSC DVD presets. The workaround is to change the Stream Format to "Generic ISO MPEG Stream," then change Closed Caption to "Don't use." You may then wish to reset the "Use Strict GOP bitrate control" setting, which will be disabled when you change the Stream Format.

It's a nuisance, but worth it for the improvements that 3.06 brings (not all of which are mentioned in the Readme file). For instance, those nastly flashframes that used to occur during PAL->NTSC conversion appear to have gone away.
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder