Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
XDesigner

Default HD Thender card with NHX card

Is possible to Put HD Thender card with NHX card In the Same Pc ?
XDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
mrmidi

Default HD Thunder and NX Card in same PC

I have heard that this is totally possible - as long as you have enough PCI Express or standard PCI (depending on which version of EDIUS NX Express you are using).

After you install the boards and software drivers - you must choose which hardware you want to use for input and output (Project Settings).

Obviously you can only set the EDIUS Project Settings to address one card at a time.
mrmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Spready

Default Audio

One thing to be aware of, as i have just hit this problem, is the audio preview loopthrough. I have just installed a pegasus Card alongside an NX Express. Both work great but both cards have an audio cable that enables the user to preview the audio during capture. I have had to forego the Pegasus Capture preview (I can still capture audio - just not hear it until the edit stage!)
I am busy researching an answer to this issue and will post when done.
If the motherboard or soundcard that you use has 2 aux in ports then you will be fine.
Spready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
johannesj

I am using Thunder and Edius SP on same pc, no problem at all. switching btw them quick.
3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
And more
johannesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
m_john

Hi
I am using Sp card and HD thunder on one pc its winxp 64bit and mother board intel DX58SO and i7 processor now when i run edius and change the hardware setting and restart the edius it's came default what i have to do for it
m_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
johannesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_john View Post
Hi
I am using Sp card and HD thunder on one pc its winxp 64bit and mother board intel DX58SO and i7 processor now when i run edius and change the hardware setting and restart the edius it's came default what i have to do for it

Hi there
i do not need to restart Edius when swiching between HDThunder and SP.
All the time i re open a project it will open with hardwere settings i used the last time.
I have used this setup on Vista 64bit and now on win7 64bit with no problems like this.

perhaps a XP 64bit thing ?? i do not know

I can not think of any problem using Thunder and NX on the same PC, except perhaps the audio part, i always take the audio straight from ediding boards through a mixer for monitoring.
Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
And more

Last edited by johannesj; 03-16-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
GrassValley_CP
Grass Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_john View Post
Hi
I am using Sp card and HD thunder on one pc its winxp 64bit
EDIUS all EDIUS hardware options, including the SP and HDTHUNDER, have never been officially supported under Windows XP 64bit. This is most certainly a driver issue.
GrassValley_CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
m_john

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannesj View Post
Hi there
i do not need to restart Edius when swiching between HDThunder and SP.
All the time i re open a project it will open with hardwere settings i used the last time.
I have used this setup on Vista 64bit and now on win7 64bit with no problems like this.

perhaps a XP 64bit thing ?? i do not know

I can not think of any problem using Thunder and NX on the same PC, except perhaps the audio part, i always take the audio straight from ediding boards through a mixer for monitoring.
Hi,

But itry also use vista 64bit it's same my hardware setting always become a default when i start the edius and other thing the waveform some time it will show me and some time no when i do refresh also it's no i have to restart edius then it will show me the waveform
m_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
johannesj

Sorry, i would like to have some answere on this, i did som tests but it always came back with those settings i last used. Both in Vista 64bit and win7 64bit.
???
And more

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories