Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 06-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #71
Drbgaijin

"Douglas, did you start with the 10.4 drivers and have you updated? There was a definite whiney fan noise that annoyed us so much that we would take the cards out of the computers until absolutely necessary when building new systems. Admittedly it was never as bad as a 10 year old Xeon system but it was still annoying. Now we can leave them in and record tutorials in systems with the card running!"

Yes, David, I started with the 10.4 drivers- still on them.
I have never (yet) heard any whine.
Also, like you, I am recording tutorials and that part was worrying me until I had installed the card. For me there was no increase in the overall computer noise - so I could continue recording tutorials in exactly the same way as before.
Regards
Douglas

Main System: EDIUS WG 9, Asustek Intel Z370, i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX-1080Ti, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Windows 10 Pro
Drbgaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:54 AM   #72
Adbear

Not sure how you couldn't hear the excessive fan noise unless the rest of your system already has loud fans. When I build a system I expect it to be virtually silent, so when you switch it on in a silent room it's difficult to tell if it's on other than the lights flashing. With the IP4K I could hear it across the room before the new drivers. Having installed 10-20 of these cards, every one made a noise before the 10.4.1 drivers came out. If you look around it's the major thing that everyone complained about and was a big reason on why people sent them back.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:44 AM   #73
Drbgaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Not sure how you couldn't hear the excessive fan noise unless the rest of your system already has loud fans. When I build a system I expect it to be virtually silent, so when you switch it on in a silent room it's difficult to tell if it's on other than the lights flashing. With the IP4K I could hear it across the room before the new drivers. Having installed 10-20 of these cards, every one made a noise before the 10.4.1 drivers came out. If you look around it's the major thing that everyone complained about and was a big reason on why people sent them back.
This thread has become quite long, therefore I can understand that you have either missed or forgotten that I have earlier pointed out that what is "silent" to me and my system when compared to others' interpretations of "silent" can vary - of course.
What I can say is that I have not experienced any negative extra noise to my computer system since installing the Intensity Pro 4K
But that is only my experience.
Regards
Douglas

Main System: EDIUS WG 9, Asustek Intel Z370, i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX-1080Ti, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Windows 10 Pro
Drbgaijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories