Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
alanlacey

Default Can someone try this in VisTitle

I have a five line text build, each line progressively delayed in time has an identical text reveal Fx and works.

I then group these to apply an overall animated 3D transform which works perfectly as 'play as group' This disables the text reveal FX. However when I make the group 'play as child' The group's 3D transform parameters are ignored.

Is this a bug, a problem with my setup or what?

vx Chen is this correct and if so is there a work around? I've tried making it a child of another group (grouped with a 'null' object, but that doesn't work.

Thanks a lot

Alan
alanlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
VX Chen

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlacey View Post
However when I make the group 'play as child' The group's 3D transform parameters are ignored.
Hi, alan, it is not a BUG, this features is designed by VisTitle.

The group object have two playing mode, "play as one object" or "play as child". When group was played as one object, all its child fx will be ignored, when it was played as child, all its object fx (like 3d transform) will be ignored.

The group object is not the same with Apple Motion (which can implement your wanted effects), we simplify the group object's features to let it be used easy, so have to lost something.
VX Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
alanlacey

Thanks for such a speedy response VX.

I can understand the logic in what you say but in my view this is currently a big disappointment in the programme, at least for me.

Is there a work around do you think or maybe any chance of giving the user the choice to activate and animate the first 3D Fx in a layer even when 'play as child' is activated, in a future release?

I've tried placing the VisTitle clip on a V track in Edius and animating the layout options but these are limited and also I guess you're looseing resolution when scaling up.

All the best

Alan
Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
VX Chen

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlacey View Post
"Is there a work around do you think or maybe any chance of giving the user the choice to activate and animate the first 3D Fx in a layer even when 'play as child' is activated, in a future release?"
The layout have a individual 3d transform effects which is applyed to full screen result image (all objects in layout). Generally, it is used to do 3D roll, but, maybe it can fit your request.

Layout 3d transform track is located in the bottom of timeline view, click it and try to adjust them to see result.

If it cannot reach your demand, Can you post a video to demo you wanted effects? With that, I will try to find a good solution based on current VisTitle.

In addition, Group object's 3d transform composited with its child object's self 3d transform is a very complex job, Sorry, I cannot promise that will be supported in future release.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
alanlacey

thanks again VX.

Layout 3d might be just the job. I'll give it a go and report back.

Cheers Alan
Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
alanlacey

Brilliant vx just what I wanted. I knew it'd be there somewhere.

Apologies for my incompetence.

Cheers

Alan
Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
VX Chen

Smile

OK, I am glad to hear from you. Any question, donot hesitate to let me known, we will try our best to resolve them.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
Cory Bretz

VX...

Do you know anyone who could provide me a coaching session on Vistitle?

Thanks!
Family History & Life Stories

MSI GT75 Laptop with 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa Core processor, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X & 2 LG IPS235 monitors, Thunderbolt™ 3 & 6TB G-Drive, Edius Pro 8.53, Adobe Creative Cloud 2018, VisTitle 2.6, & gazillions of video editing faeries.
Cory Bretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #9
DigitalDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bretz View Post
VX...

Do you know anyone who could provide me a coaching session on Vistitle?

Thanks!
You dont need a coaching session.
Just BUY Jerry's excellent Tutorials. www.sgdvtutorials.com
Others share my 5* testimonial.
https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40233
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #10
Drbgaijin

I'll second that!
Jerry's tutorials cover everything you will want.
Regards
Douglas

Main System: EDIUS WG 9, Asustek Intel Z370, i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX-1080Ti, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Windows 10 Pro
Drbgaijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products