Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 05-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
trillium

Default Low end system questions

On a 2-drive system is it better to save Edius 9.4 projects to the system drive rather than the lone video storage drive while keeping all the video and graphics on the storage drive. Had a crash yesterday working on Edius timeline with 59.64p project. Edius was behaving a little sluggish as well, while not that sluggish today. I have no control of network or security settings.

Just wondering if placing the project file on the system drive might be better in this small system setup with an i78700, 32gig ram, P1000 quadro with 4gig onboard. System drive is a Samsung class 40 80% free and the storage drive is 7200rpm 75% free.

thanks, wasn't sure where to post this so I double posted.

Trillium
trillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
ExFool

Double-posting makes moderators unhappy, please don't do it. This is a very active forum, your questions will be answered in short order.

I don't think it matters where you save the project file; it's insignificant in size compared to your video files, and it's only accessed when you open and save the project (or Edius auto-saves).

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories