Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC

Old 10-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #1
DaveL

Default Any way to "and" tags?

Is there a way to "AND" tags?
If I enter 2 tags on one tag menu, it seems to "OR" them, that is I get BOTH tag_A and tag_B items in the smart catalog. In other words items with either tag_A or tag_B or both.

GVB does not allow me to open antoher Tag menu in the smart catalog (the Tag option is grayed out).

What I want is just items that have BOTH tag_A and tag_B.

Is there anyway I can do this?
Thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
David Clarke

You can do an "or" search by adding a second column to the search, but if you do so you are not allowed to add tag to the second column as well as the first. I have done searches on clips which are MOV and 4K, for example, by adding two columns - one on file type and one on frame size.

But unfortunately you don't seem to be able to do what you want.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
DaveL

Thanks for your input David (and your GVB tutorials BTW - very good).

This seems like a very large shortcoming to me. Having powerful & multiple ways to search based on the tags (or any other parameter) seems very basic for a browser to me. Hopefully that will come soon.

As a workaround, I'm trying a technique where I create a catalog which contains the 1st tag item, and then do a smart catalog from that catalog which contains the 2nd tag item I need. It's clumsy, but it should do what I need. I'll report back if there are any issues encountered with that.

Anyone been able to find a way to do "and" tag searches?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
David Clarke

This would make a good feature request. Just send a PM to one of the moderators. There are details on sending feature requests here:
http://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24594
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
DaveL

Great thought. I did send a PM feature request for this. Hopefully we will see this feature in the near future.

For anyone interested, my workaround does seem to work. Because smart catalogs will allow a filter based on catalog, you can set up a catalog containing clips with the first tag, and then a smart catalog with the second tag item.

It's a bit clumsy, but this seems to be working so far, and it only allows selecting two tags.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
alanlacey

Okay DaveL, here in the UK - No idea what ST TOS is! Give us a clue.

I'm an old 601/Silver/Liquid user too. Was it popular in the US, Fast being a German company I always assumed it would be primarily PAL based.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.
alanlacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC