Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
merrick61

Default Can't output timeline to stand alone DVD burner

This is an odd one. Everything works fine and both DV inputs seem to work fine EXCEPT when I attempt to output to my Lite-on or Panasonic standalone DVD burners. They just dont recognize the DV signal when the timeline is playing. I tested to see if the cable and the acutal connector were working and when I hooked up my deck to the DV inputs they did see it. Why dont the stand alone DVD burners see it? I have Edius 4.03. When I was using Edius 2.5 I was able to output the signal to these DVD burners.

Anybody experience this?
Thanks
Merrick
merrick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
mike0130

DVD recorder Panasonic DMR-E820 works PERFECTLY for me almost 2 years. The oly difference that i use EDIUS 4.x, before it was 3.x
Your problem is that you don't have Canopus hardware, right?
mike
mike0130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
merrick61

Default Right

I dont have a board in you are right Just OCHI firewire. But now that you mention it, my Edius 2.5 had a storm card inside and that did work ..

Hmm, but a firewire siganl is still being output (even w/out Canopus hardware) and DV camcorders and decks see it. Why not the DVD burners??
Old 07-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #4
Ron Evans

I have a Panasonic E15 that works just fine through the DVRaptor RT2 but will not be recognised by the PC so will not work with OHCI output from EDIUS. Most DVD recorders are iLInk ( 4 pin ) and I don't think are configured to respond to identification request from the PC and have no drivers, so don't work. They are set up to request identification from the camcorder to automatically burn a DVD, the opposite of what is required!!!! We are lucky that Canopus boards don't seem to care what is on the end of the cable, as long as the recorder is started they will run output from the timeline.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
merrick61

Default Thanks

ron
If I got the break out box which converts DV to analog I think its the ACDv110 or soemthing like that do you think that would fix the problem ?So the set up would be DV out from the computer to the Dv of the break out box then anolog out(from the box) to the DVD burner...

Possible solution?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
tingsern

I have a question for you folks - why are you doing this? So hard work. Why can't you just convert the timeline into MPEG2 and burn it as DVD video? Isn't the quality better this way?
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingsern View Post
I have a question for you folks - why are you doing this? So hard work. Why can't you just convert the timeline into MPEG2 and burn it as DVD video? Isn't the quality better this way?
yes, correct

most DVD recorders produce non DVD compliant DVD's and don't understand 16:9 and don't understand 720px width, especially Panasonic, they create 704px width

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
Zorro

Quote:
I have a question for you folks - why are you doing this?
There are situations where a job has to be done really fast. In such a case outputting to a DVD recorder makes perfect sense.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #9
Zorro

Anton,

Quote:
most DVD recorders produce non DVD compliant DVD's
This one is a solid solution:

http://www.jvcproeurope.com/uk/pub/i...?item=BD-X200E
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
merrick61

Actually its good to be able to have both options..the software and hardware. I have never had any compliant issues with the stand alone burners. Virutally all customers want simple 480I DVDs (non high def, non widescreen) and there is no faster way to burn them , than with a standalone unit! no rendering...no second steps of burning them with another software program, etc. Just press record and your in real time
Quality issues in highest quality mode is excellent and in most cases even in 2 hour mode is very good....

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS