Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-06-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
RonnieMartin

Default Constant Crashing with Edius 4.61

I have been working on a project for several months. It is a SD project and is on a NX machine that I have held back on purpose because of some ongoing unfinished projects. Suddenly Edius Crashed and when I tried to start it back up it asked if I wanted to start with a auto save file. I clicked yes and it would not open. I thought I had only lost what I have done for the last 8 or so hours so I went back to where I had saved it before. It opened and then promptly crashed again. Now it crashes everytrime I open it regardless of the saved point.

I have another Machine that has room for the project do you think that it would be wise to copy the project over to that machine and try and finish it?

Any Ideas on how to reopoen a currupt program?

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG
RonnieMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
Rusty

You could have a VST somewhere causing havoc, or it may be a single corrupt file in the bin. (it's happened to me)

Back up the project, then start messing around.

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
SoundFreak
Banned

If you are working on a project for that long you must have several (many) auto save files.
The most important thing you can do now is to safe guard all the versions of you project (and other projects on that machine - not knowing the cause yet), put it on a thumb drive or better still burn a CD-R.
If you have done that you can either try the project on another machine or re-install this machine, project wise your safe and you can test & try 'till it hurts :)
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 AM   #4
DigitalDave

Just as a pure debugging process do other projects open OK? If so, the obvious one is to re boot from power off and start a new project, identical settings to dodgy one, lets say with just some colour bars and save, then import the dodgy one. You need to use import sequence but it will import the project. Import project is for EDL's etc.

I have never had to use it like this in 4.61 but it used to sort out 3.61 problems.
I agree about corrupt files VSTs but if you cant open you cant debug.

DD
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #5
RonnieMartin

I had several saves so I went back and tried to open one of the old ones and just as soon as I moved the curser it crashed. I opened another different project and it stayed up. So it must be something corrupted on this project alone. Everything is still on the the video drive.... that is all the titles and clips. It has been a real night mare..... The time line is only about 45 minutes long but very involved with several video lines and many title lines. I have never had this to happen before with Edius or any of the Canopus versions including Rex Edit!!!

I will try to back it up to an external drive and then try and open it with another machine.

Thanks

Ronnie
main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG
Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieMartin View Post
soon as I moved the curser it crashed
I had this a while ago, before the Old movie filter was fixed, I was not aware of the issue at that time, I also haven't used that filter in like 5 years, go figure.
Anything that you are using in this project that you normally don't .........
Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
SoundFreak
Banned

If you are really clueless, what I was then, try to reload clip by clip, or by group.
Rename you project folder so that Edius looses the files, then relink and try, repeat this with single or multiple files until you crash again ...........
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
RonnieMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreak View Post
I had this a while ago, before the Old movie filter was fixed, I was not aware of the issue at that time, I also haven't used that filter in like 5 years, go figure.
Anything that you are using in this project that you normally don't .........
It happened right after I added a title from TMP that was a crawl. I have never used that before. However, the point at which I was able to open it was before this title.

Thanks
Ronnie
Old 08-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
RonnieMartin

I just tried to open a new project under another name and then import the sequence into it however, it crashed immediately.

I guess the best thing to do is back up all the files to an external drive then try and open it with another machine.

Ronnie
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
DigitalDave

OK that so, you suspect an icg file, rename it- Edius wont find it and then see if it loads
DD
DigitalDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS