Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 11-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
GuyS

Default How do you add a video track on top of another video track

I am an Avid Liquid convert to Edius. In Avid to have a video appear overtop of another video track you simply drag the track to above the one below. I can not seem to figure this out with Edius. Every time I try to do this the timeline will not allow the video to drop on my 2V track???
GuyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
pjsssss

Either your track is locked (located on the far left side of the timeline track beside the track name), or you have some video tracks mapped. Rt click in an Audio track in the same timeline area where the track name is and at the bottom select Clear All tracks
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

Are you using split audio .
Yes?
Check your settings :Deselect add clips to mapped tracks or deselect only mapped tracks are targeted first.

But I think that deselecting "add clips to mapped track will make you one happy editor.:)
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRsupport View Post
Are you using split audio .
Yes?
Check your settings :Deselect add clips to mapped tracks or deselect only mapped tracks are targeted first.

But I think that deselecting "add clips to mapped track will make you one happy editor.:)
There are several defaults that I would like to see changed and the one you mentioned is one of them.

BTW the setting that Steve just mentioned is under Settings>Application Settings and is about a third of the way done on the first screen.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
GuyS

I had the track locked! Thanks, now I can drag a clip from the bin to another video track on the timeline.

What is the best way to add a portion or subclip that is shown in the "Player" window...the one on the left?

Another problem I am having is importing a mov file. For some reason there is no audio?

Thanks guys this program is much faster.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
mattie

i like to use my mouse and drag clips
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
GuyS

Opps just discovered you just drag the in and out point clip from the player window.... to the timeline. Very cool and easy!
Still having audio import problems though.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
mattie

sounds like u need to spend some time playing woth eddy - u pick things up as u go along.

not sure about yr sound issue could be 101 things causing it my mov files play fine
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
GuyS

Ya, also complicating matters is I come from another app. Ultimately though, I am an editor and just want to create art. The metaphor is... I am so used to getting in the car and going. It is kind of like now having to know how the car's engine works before you can drive from point A to point B.

I do appreciate the help though! It helps speed up my understanding of this "Porsche" (compared to my old Chevy). I will return the favor to those on this forum that have yet to take this fast, great little app "for a drive".

Last edited by GuyS; 11-22-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #10
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyS View Post
I had the track locked! Thanks, now I can drag a clip from the bin to another video track on the timeline.

What is the best way to add a portion or subclip that is shown in the "Player" window...the one on the left?

Another problem I am having is importing a mov file. For some reason there is no audio?

Thanks guys this program is much faster.
Also there are 2 small icons right below the Player window...One is for Insert to Timeline and one is for Overwrite to Timeline.

What version of Edius do you have. At one point there was a problem with .mov and audio but I believe that was all fixed after 4.5

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS