Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 05-27-2018, 10:41 PM   #11
Tole

I was trying with 3.5 and AAF file but it says "Error:extraction audio failed" for all the clips
Tole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:10 AM   #12
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tole View Post
I was trying with 3.5 and AAF file but it says "Error:extraction audio failed" for all the clips
Use the xml export from Pluraleyes. It works perfectly.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #13
Tole

I was doing that with pluraleyes 4 last version.I tried with xml, but in Edius won't import the xml file.It gives me an error.I don't understand how is possible to work for some users and for others not.I am usig the last version of edius 9 upgraded from 8.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #14
Tole

this is the error that i get when I try to import the xml file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (12.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #15
BernH

Quote:
I was doing that with pluraleyes 4 last version.I tried with xml, but in Edius won't import the xml file.It gives me an error.I don't understand how is possible to work for some users and for others not.I am usig the last version of edius 9 upgraded from 8.
I have version 3.5, not 4. I can't speak in depth about version 4's workings.

What I can say is that the xml version used by edius is an older one. The same as was used by Premiere Pro and Final cut pro 6/7. With version 3.5, we export a premiere xml. Version 4 pf PE introduced a Final Cut Pro X xml format, which is newer than edius can understand, and therefore not the one to use. If it still has a premiere xml format, choose that one instead.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
Old 05-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #16
Tole

I was doing the export now with Pluraleyes 3.5 as xml file for premiere pro(doesn't have option for Edius).Still same error in Edius.I was trying even with version 3 of pluraleyes.same error.
As a AAF file it should work, but when I am importing an AAF file from Edius to Pluraleyes, the pluraleyes doesn't recognise the sound from any video so it doesn't make the sync.If I import directly the video files in Pluraleyes it works but I can't export AAF file....
Is wierd because I was using before the same cameras, same settings, same programs with same settings, and it worked....But from yesterday it's a pain in the a.s to make them work.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #17
BernH

Quote:
I was doing the export now with Pluraleyes 3.5 as xml file for premiere pro(doesn't have option for Edius).Still same error in Edius.I was trying even with version 3 of pluraleyes.same error.
As a AAF file it should work, but when I am importing an AAF file from Edius to Pluraleyes, the pluraleyes doesn't recognise the sound from any video so it doesn't make the sync.If I import directly the video files in Pluraleyes it works but I can't export AAF file....
Is wierd because I was using before the same cameras, same settings, same programs with same settings, and it worked....But from yesterday it's a pain in the a.s to make them work.
If it worked before, then you have to ask what is different. What version of windows? Has a recent windows update caused a compatability issue with PluralEyes? What version of Edius? Have you changed any settings on the cameras? What kind of files are you trying to sync?

Your "Error:extraction audio failed" report tells me that there is something about the codec or container of the files that is keeping the audio from being decoded.

The aaf with pluraleyes has to be a round trip, aaf out of your NLE, sync in pluraleyes, aaf out of pluraleyes back to the NLE. The xml route doesn't have to be round trip.

When I use PluralEyes, I just take all the files directly to PluralEyes to start, without trying to come from Edius first, and export an xml to import into Edius.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #18
Tole

windows 10.windows update today.Not working before and not even after update.Edius 9 last version(tried with 8 too).No camera settings changed(checked with old projects, same settings for videos.checked in cameras too).Tried to sync AVCHD files.
It is a round trip.Export from edius as AAF file, import to pluraleyes, and then the audio error.I was doing this before so many times but didn't have the error and it worked just fine.
I've tried even with XML files, importing videos in pluraleyes, exporting the XML file for Edius, but it gives me an error when I try to import the XML in edius.if I am importing files directly from a folder it seems to recognise the audio and I can make the sync.but edius won't import any XML files.
Tried to export even XML for premiere pro and import to edius.still same error.
I put two pictures to see project settings and AAF file export settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settings 2.jpg (62.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg settings.jpg (130.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-28-2018, 09:47 PM   #19
BernH

Quote:
windows 10.windows update today.Not working before and not even after update.Edius 9 last version(tried with 8 too).No camera settings changed(checked with old projects, same settings for videos.checked in cameras too).Tried to sync AVCHD files.
It is a round trip.Export from edius as AAF file, import to pluraleyes, and then the audio error.I was doing this before so many times but didn't have the error and it worked just fine.
I've tried even with XML files, importing videos in pluraleyes, exporting the XML file for Edius, but it gives me an error when I try to import the XML in edius.if I am importing files directly from a folder it seems to recognise the audio and I can make the sync.but edius won't import any XML files.
Tried to export even XML for premiere pro and import to edius.still same error.
I put two pictures to see project settings and AAF file export settings.
I have never gone AAF from Edius to PluralEyes, so I have no comment on your export settings. Also, I don't run Windows 10, so I can't comment on issues related to it and PluralEyes.

Since you are running Windows 10, it is possible that there has been a Windows 10 update that has broken something with PluralEyes.

I would suggest that you have a look at the PluralEyes forums to see if there are any reported problems related to recent Windows 10 updates.

Perhaps someone else here that is runnig Windows 10 and PluralEyes can chime in to help you out further.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:43 PM   #20
Tole

I've tried to find anything about that.Even the guys from Edius in Italy don't know nothing.They don't recomand to use third-party software like Pluraleyes, they said to sync manualy...It's easyer for them to say "I don't know".I just hope that somebody had this problem before and will see the posts.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products