Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
jaegersing

Can you re-capture the crane camera tape using the crane camera? Could be a slight head misalighment on one of the cams.

Richard
jaegersing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
zvit

Technically, yes... but like I said, I'm working from home today so I brought one camera home to capture so I can't do this test now. It's not like I can't work... I just exported and re-imported the footage to a few files instead of hundreds. Whole process took under 30 minutes. No biggie.
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...
zvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
dpalomaki

Try capture a bit of the tape again and see whether or not the breaks happen in the same places on the tape. If they do it is likely something in the recording on the tape itself. If not, it is likely a playback anomaly.

If the captured video is continuous with no breaks in the action, and you need it a single (or small number of) files, it may be quicker to print the fragmented video to a single or a few files rather than recapture with different settings.
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
zvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalomaki View Post
it may be quicker to print the fragmented video to a single or a few files rather than recapture with different settings.
That's what I did. I could have also just nested it to a sequence, but I preferred to export and re-import in this case.
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...
zvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
antonsvideo

dv devices can cause all sorts of problems when slightly out of alignment

if the camera you brought home is different in alignment to the camera that shot it, then you can get these problems

I often have these problems with my Sony DSR25 deck when capturing from consumer type camera recordings, I get lots of little files, but when I capture from a Pro camera such as DSR-450, all is good

I also think that Edius DV capture is over sensitive and not very forgiving

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
SoundFreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
I also think that Edius DV capture is over sensitive and not very forgiving
I don't have any pro deck to my disposal but judging from consumer cam's & decks, it is more critical with hdv then dv recordings from my experience.
SoundFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS