Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 02-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
wael

Default best motherboard ?

what is the best motherboard for maltimedia ?
wael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
tingsern

Sorry - you post so many questions - I got confused. The previous post was for your DIVX question.

There is no such thing as "best" motherboard for multimedia. How much money do you have for a motherboard? Do you want Xeon processors? Core 2 Quad? or i7 processors? Then you look for motherboards that fit your choice.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
manbart

I would just say that I've had good luck with motherboards made by Asus. Most current motherboards will be fine for doing Video editing, or lets just say that few will not unless you plan on running some very tempermental video editing hardware.You probably want to make sure the motherboard has on board firewire. . . most do. If your going to be doing editing in HDV make sure you have a good and pretty large disk system, and use a separate disk for video editing . . . not your system disk where your Operating System is installed. You also should have at least 2gigs of Ram, and the more the better. If your editing in AVCHD you need the best processor you can possibly afford. In DV or even HDV just a dual core would do, but quad core is nice.

Tilford Bartman
manbart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories