Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
MT02MHT

Default Titles in Vistitle Tutorial

Hi Alex,
Whatever you can come up with would be great thank you.
regards
Mike
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
GrassValley_PS

In your Grunge demo, I would suggest changing the color OT the title or background a bit. They seem to blend a little too well.
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #13
avlab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
In your Grunge demo, I would suggest changing the color OT the title or background a bit. They seem to blend a little too well.
Thanks, I agree they do blend and also some of the small text are hard to read, took me to not watch it for some time to notice it :)
Thanks again.
avlab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
baddgsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlab1 View Post
Hi Mike,
Actually I'm planning on doing one, I just downloaded a free program to record the screen, pretty basic but I think It can be done with it. Let me know which one you'll like, if not I'll start with the Xmas candy stripes. I'm a little behind schedule on a project I'm working, give me a bit of time and I'll get it done for you.

Thanks,
Alex
Alex , that would be great! Do you have a paypal account? I would gladly donate to see your tutorials.

Namaste!
Chris
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #15
David Clarke

I actually prefer for my tutorials to just capture the output from my graphic card and into a Storm mobile or Intensity pro. Then I edit in premiere and make an MP4 file.

I have tried lots of screen capture software but the only one I really liked was Camtasia - but its not free. I have not tried all the free ones but none of the ones I used were that good.

For my tutorials the editing is a major important part of the job to be honest which is why I find it easier to do in EDIUS.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #16
avlab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
Alex , that would be great! Do you have a paypal account? I would gladly donate to see your tutorials.

Namaste!
Chris
Wow, thanks Chris for you kind words and your offering, I really appreciate it.
You left me without words..lol

I'm still trying to figure out how to do them. Let's see.
Thanks again,
Alex
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
avlab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
I actually prefer for my tutorials to just capture the output from my graphic card and into a Storm mobile or Intensity pro. Then I edit in premiere and make an MP4 file.

I have tried lots of screen capture software but the only one I really liked was Camtasia - but its not free. I have not tried all the free ones but none of the ones I used were that good.

For my tutorials the editing is a major important part of the job to be honest which is why I find it easier to do in EDIUS.
Hi David thanks for your advice. When you say capture the output of your graphic card and into Storm, is this by using one computer or two?

Thanks again
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
kruzer

Default How?

How do you cut the footage to the drum-beats?

https://vimeo.com/49558047

Is this something done manually with the footage, or you mark the spots in the timeline and Edius does it?

Well done.
kruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
David Clarke

I use two computers. HDMI out of one, set to 1280x720 50P, and then the capture on the STORM/Intensity etc to the same size.

This only captures the picture and not my commentary. I also run a mike into the recording machine and record the commentary separately (normally in Audition). I then match the video and commentary in EDIUS.

I know that sounds like a lot of hassle compared to just running a program that captures the screen but it is a way I have been using for ages that works. All the free programs I have tried for screen capture do not capture the overlay very well, or crash when the editing program is doing something hard, or capture at 15 fps or some other limitation. I have not tried them all though so there may be one that does ths job.

I also make up my tutorials as I go along. I have tried writing a script but it never flows nicely so although I plan what I am going to include exactly how I say it is decided when filming. This means a lot of mistakes and things to chop out - and long original clips. The longer the clip I do with a screen capture program the more chance it will crash I have found, losing all the stuff you have recorded. When you record on to a different machine it does not do this.

Camtasia worked well for me and I nearly swapped to using it - it captures the screen at 30 fps and did not have problems running at the same time as EDIUS or Vistitle. Also when it comes to editing it does a lot of nice stuff and you can easily add captions etc. But I still preferred editing in EDIUS. My tutorials are also quite long and Camtasia does not cope with huge projects very well. And it costs about 150.

I use 1280x720 because it is a reasonable screen size - at 1080 all the buttons are a bit small when on YouTube. I use 50P because I am in PAL land, 60P would also be fine. When capturing into EDIUS you have to use a proper video resolution though, where as a screen capture program can do any size.

Of course some of my considerations - where I am making 15 hours of tutorials - would be different to yours, hence the above detailed explanation of why I choose to do it this way.

Hope this helps.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
avlab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer View Post
How do you cut the footage to the drum-beats?

https://vimeo.com/49558047

Is this something done manually with the footage, or you mark the spots in the timeline and Edius does it?

Well done.
Hi Kruzer, All edits are done manually, I mark at every beat then cut, move, cut, move, cut..... Not sure if there is an easier way, If someone knows of a better method please share :)

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products