Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
rcubed

Default Question about available audio capture source(s) in HDMI capture mode on Pegasus

I moved this over from the ADVC forum since it probably wasn't the right forum. I put a note on the other post about moving it since I didn't want to cross post.

Hi,
I have a quick question. When capturing video via the HDMI input with the Pegasus card can the audio also be captured via the 3.5mm Stereo input or in that mode is the audio capture just limited to that available in the HDMI input stream via the HDMI input? I understand the limitations due to HDCP. Basically I want to capture audio via the audio input jack and only the video from the HDMI input. In this case neither the audio source or the video source would be HDCP protected.

Thanks in advance.

rcubed

Last edited by rcubed; 05-14-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: correct spelling error
rcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
mrmidi

Default Does anybody know the answer to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post

Hi,
I have a quick question. When capturing video via the HDMI input with the Pegasus card can the audio also be captured via the 3.5mm Stereo input or in that mode is the audio capture just limited to that available in the HDMI input stream via the HDMI input? I understand the limitations due to HDCP. Basically I want to capture audio via the audio input jack and only the video from the HDMI input. In this case neither the audio source or the video source would be HDCP protected.

Thanks in advance.

rcubed
I have the exact same question - but looks like there are no responses to the original question posed by rcubed back in 2010.....

Anyone have the answer??
mrmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Spready

Default Audio

Hi all,

I am now in the same boat and really need a solution! Anyone got any ideas.
Just to recap - capturing video through HDMI but require audio to be captured through audio jack.

Thanks in advance
Spready
Spready is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus