Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC

Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
antonsvideo

I am wondering if it is caused by the disk that is almost full?

EDIUS 9 WG & EDIUS 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #22
panosole

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
I am wondering if it is caused by the disk that is almost full?
No I disconnected all hard disks except the main with the O.S and the applications. The problem remains the same.
I got a message from Digitalschnitt.de someone on behalf of EMEA Grassvalley. I thought you forwarded the case to support and this Technician responded?..If so thank you very much, or maybe I should say thank you either way for your interest. !!!

He will connect to my Pc trying to see what is going on, but I am thinking that the best would be to format and install everything...including Edius.
I Have already uninstalled/reinstalled 2 times the last 3 days.
How many times do I have to uninstall/reinstall again?
Is it possible that I may loose a licence if I exceed the number of maximum installations/uninstallations?
I mean on the sam machine only, with the exact same specs.
Can you answer about the license as it is very urgent and important?
16Gb DDR3 (4*4Gb@1600Mhz Corsair)
1*250 GB SSD (O.S and programs)
2*640 GB WD Raid 0 for Video Editing
1 Sata Dvd/R
1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
Geforce GTX 580 Vga with 1.5GB Ram 384Bit
2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
Windows 10 Professional x64
Intensity Pro
Edius Workgroup 9.20.3340
Vistititle 2.7.0.0

Once you go Mac you may come back!!
Once you use FCP, you always need to render!!!
Thats why i switch to Edius !!!

Last edited by panosole; 04-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.
panosole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 AM   #23
antonsvideo

I think you can deactivate/activate 36 times per year, but no more than 3 times per month, however, there is no need to deactivate because of uninstall, reinstall unless you do a clean installation which you already done

maybe the support person can see what is stepping on Mync via process mon etc?

EDIUS 9 WG & EDIUS 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
Old 04-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #24
David Clarke

Presumably you have deleted the contents of the Mync folder here:
C:\Users\dvc\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\Mync
Which would get rid of any clips in the database. I have had some clip crash Mync - generally when it finds them while cataloguing, but if it has a clip it does not like in its catalogue that could cause it to crash on start up.

What about the root directory of the hard drives? Are there any clips in the root which it would look at automatically as it opens? Move all the clips into folders and see if it opens.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #25
panosole

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
Presumably you have deleted the contents of the Mync folder here:
C:\Users\dvc\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\Mync
Which would get rid of any clips in the database. I have had some clip crash Mync - generally when it finds them while cataloguing, but if it has a clip it does not like in its catalogue that could cause it to crash on start up.

What about the root directory of the hard drives? Are there any clips in the root which it would look at automatically as it opens? Move all the clips into folders and see if it opens.
If you see the Short video that i have uploaded, it does not even work normally. After some time playing with icons, the Application crashes.
If i do nothing and just want to exit the Application pressing the Red X the Application crashes, and i have to go to Task manager and do it from there.
All the contents in the path C:\Users\dvc\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\Mync are deleted. So i uninstalled Mync and reinstalled it without deactivating the license but the problem persists. All 3 Grassvalley folders are excluded from Windows defender scanning, and there is no Antivirus installed.
I think i will get my risk and format the Hard disk, installing everything from scratch...not just restoring the Acronis Image. And this will be the 3rd time that i activate/deactivate the license in 4 days . I hope and wish the GV Server registers the serial without issues.
I don't realy know what to do. !!!
1 Sata Dvd/R
1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
Intensity Pro
Vistititle 2.7.0.0

Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #26
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosole View Post
So i uninstalled Mync and reinstalled it without deactivating the license but the problem persists.
you mean you uninstalled Mync and EDIUS and then reinstalled EDIUS?

because mync is part of the EDIUS installer, do not install any standalone version of Mync

Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #27
panosole

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
you mean you uninstalled Mync and EDIUS and then reinstalled EDIUS?

because mync is part of the EDIUS installer, do not install any standalone version of Mync
I mean that the last time i uninstalled MYNC ONLY without uninstalling Edius, and then Installed a standalone version of MYNC just to see if there is any differerence, or if this solves the problem.
1 Sata Dvd/R
1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
Intensity Pro
Vistititle 2.7.0.0

Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #28
David Clarke

I had not seen the video but just watched it. It could still be some file on the hard drive that crashes Mync as soon as you launch it. It will look at the root directory of each drive when it loads so take all clips out of the root.

If you have copied a folder from a card based camera copied into the root and there is some problem with a clip in there it could also cause a problem.

If it is clip causing a problem then wiping the machine completely and reinstalling won't help. It may not be a clip but moving files out of the root directory is quite quick.

The other thing I would try before wiping the whole machine is to unplug all the video drives completely and load just the main drive. Then see if Mync loads up. If it does not then it is nothing to do with the drives. If it does plug the video drives in one at a time until you find which drive causes the problem, and then maybe we could pin point what is causing the problem on that drive.

I have never put a standalone Mync on a system with EDIUS so do not know what would happen but I would also go back to using the one which comes with EDIUS.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #29
panosole

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Clarke View Post
I had not seen the video but just watched it. It could still be some file on the hard drive that crashes Mync as soon as you launch it. It will look at the root directory of each drive when it loads so take all clips out of the root.

If you have copied a folder from a card based camera copied into the root and there is some problem with a clip in there it could also cause a problem.

If it is clip causing a problem then wiping the machine completely and reinstalling won't help. It may not be a clip but moving files out of the root directory is quite quick.

The other thing I would try before wiping the whole machine is to unplug all the video drives completely and load just the main drive. Then see if Mync loads up. If it does not then it is nothing to do with the drives. If it does plug the video drives in one at a time until you find which drive causes the problem, and then maybe we could pin point what is causing the problem on that drive.

I have never put a standalone Mync on a system with EDIUS so do not know what would happen but I would also go back to using the one which comes with EDIUS.
David thank you very much for all your advices.
Believe me i have already done everything you describe, and the first thing i did was to unplug all the hard drives. The problem is still there. There aren't any video files in the rood directory everything is stored in folders. This is something that i have never experienced so far... My pc is always clean, there are no patches, and hacks so the registry is clean i suppose. It might be a case with the .net platform since there were some isues with the latest 4.7 version. I have attempted to install the latest version of .net but it is already installed. No way out. !!!
So only one thing left. !!! To deactivate the license for a 3rd time in 5 days, cross my fingers, and the server registers the serial number succesfully.
If not what can i do?
1 Sata Dvd/R
1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
Intensity Pro
Vistititle 2.7.0.0

Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #30
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosole View Post
I mean that the last time i uninstalled MYNC ONLY without uninstalling Edius, and then Installed a standalone version of MYNC just to see if there is any differerence, or if this solves the problem.
the standalone version of Mync can only be installed on a PC that does not have any EDIUS installed

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC