Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Franco

Default Disc Capture shows Drive, Disc Burner doesnt?

Any clues to this one? I never had this problem in the past but I haven't had to burn a disc in a while.

I have the proper footage on the timeline for DVD NTSC settings. I hit burn to disc, and go through all the menu setting up, set it to DVD, 4:3, and when I go to write, theres no Drive listed in the drop down(its just gray). I put blank discs in, it says no disc in the drive. At the bottom though it says number of drives = 1. I tried DVD+R, DVD-R in various sizes. Windows sees the drive, I can eject it, load media, everything is fine in windows. If i go to disc capture, it shows the same drive that windows shows in the drop down to the exact letter of the name. its an LG UH10LS20. So why would it show in capture, but not burn to disc?

Windows 7 pro 64, Edius 5.51 NX series
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
THoff

The two possibilities that I can think of is that a) Windows doesn't think it's a burner, and b) the device may be locked by another driver or program.

Do you see a "Burn To Disk" option in Windows Explorer when you select a file? That option will appear if Windows 7 detects a CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray burner.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoff View Post
The two possibilities that I can think of is that a) Windows doesn't think it's a burner, and b) the device may be locked by another driver or program.

Do you see a "Burn To Disk" option in Windows Explorer when you select a file? That option will appear if Windows 7 detects a CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray burner.
Hey,

Yes it shows up in windows. The burn ti disc option pops up everytime when I have the blank media in there. Windows works with the drive fine, and inside edius with the Capture method. Just when you burn to disc, theres no drive listed in the drop down and the burn button is grayed out .
Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
swsw1550

Could also be third party plugins or software on the computer, this has happened in the past with Edius as well.

Steve
Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsw1550 View Post
Could also be third party plugins or software on the computer, this has happened in the past with Edius as well.

Steve
You mean non Grass Valley software? I have Mercalli and New Blue software put on. Other than that, just the normal windows software... nothing else. I'll try connecting a different burner.. but I still dont get why it would show up in Disc Capture, but not Write to disc
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
swsw1550

Uninstall the Newblue effects and do a restart and see if the problem is still there, if you have their audio plugins installed as well remove them to, Newblue effects have had some strange things happen to Edius in the past.

Steve
Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsw1550 View Post
Uninstall the Newblue effects and do a restart and see if the problem is still there, if you have their audio plugins installed as well remove them to, Newblue effects have had some strange things happen to Edius in the past.

Steve
Thanks, I removed all of the extras and nothing. I eventually found an bluray burner thats actually busted.. doesn't really work at all but it showed up in Edius. I put back in the old drive, and it didn't show. Weird. At least I know it wasn't as oftware issue.. for some reason the Drive itself just didn't want to work in Edius

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS