Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
Brookes

Default How to restore MULTIPLE offline clips

Hello, name says it all. I have over 200 clips that have strangely gone offline for a project(nope, did not relocate files, just happened,other projects are fine)
using edius 6.03, need to restore all files which are in 3 seperate folders so i dont have to go through every clip, one by one. I have searched and am aware that there is a clip restore box on timeline however I need to speed up process, not talking about just 2 or 3 clips here, 200 to sift through.

Also, when I go to >restore offline clip>restore and transfer clip dialog box>find from captured files (IS GREYED OUT) wtf right, i kinda wanna use it....

any help appreciated. thanks

Last edited by Brookes; 09-08-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Brookes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
EraseAndRewind

in the restoration dialog there is a setting at the bottom left that you states something with 'exact match' or so, DE-SELECT that and restore by folder, it should work then.

I just had an episode myself yesterday that a exported timeline project had a missing 20 sec of footage, here displayed in RED while there was no OFF-LINE footage ?

As long as I am using Edius this has never happened before, a re-export of the same timeline gave a perfect master file, go figure.

The attached images is from the timeline of the exported master file, 69Gb of unusable HQfine AVI.
Attached Images
File Type: png Edius 6.03 What happened Here.png (28.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
David Clarke

Find from captured only works on clips which have reel names and timecode. If your clips come from card based cameras or do not have reel names in them (maybe captured with a different application NOT EDIUS) then it will not work.

As it says above untick "match exactly" and with luck it will work. If not you will have to match them one at a time. Using the restore offline clips dialogue then you can see which directories they are supposed to be in. I was recently trying to link up some clips capture from 3 or 4 different tapes where the clip was just called "untitled 01..02 etc) for each tape. If trying to match by double clicking on the timeline you cannot tell which clips called "untitled 01" you should use. Using restore offline clips it will tell you which folder it is expecting the clip to be in which helps.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Last edited by David Clarke; 09-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Brookes

thanks, I ended up manually selecting each clip to restore. I tried restoring by folder but it was greyed out and the unticking thing did not get me anywhere.Oh, well, hope it does not happen again.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
mattmatt

You can restore a folder (or multiple clips at once).....I've done it before. Not sure exactly, but you basically highlight all the clips and then click on the last one....try it again, I swear I've worked that before.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
David Clarke

It does depend on quite a few factors. I just did an import of and FCP project and EDIUS would not link to the video en masse- why? Because the mac did not put the extension .mov on the video clips so I had to add the extension manually and that was enough to stop EDIUS automatically linking to the clips.
Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10
David Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Brookes

Thanks guys. Yes its done now however next time I will try MattMatts idea of covering all and somehow linking. I tried and tried at the time put it was not straight forward. I was hoping I could just select all in the import box and then select folder of origin. anyway, seems to be tricky. Thanks Matt matt for your work on the recent colour grading lessons. it is so good to have someone show to the world how good edius really is, great job bud.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Rusty

A couple of questions...

Were the original files on an external drive?

Were the original files on multiple drives?

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #9
Brookes

all files for this project are on a single drive (internal drive) edius program files operating on seperate drive.

All other files are linked fine but for some reason these files went offline randomley.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #10
antonsvideo

relink entire folder works fine here
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ink-folder.avi

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS