Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
nitrococuk

Default Restore Offline Clips

am I able to block the warning saying that there are some missing files on bin window and they'll be showed as offline clips ? It annoys me 'cause it appears eveytime I open my project. I know what it means, I just dont wanna see it anymore.
nitrococuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Paranova Films

just clean up your project and delete thoose offline clips...

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA
Paranova Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

Very easy. :)
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
nitrococuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranova Films View Post
just clean up your project and delete thoose offline clips...
are u kidding ? those are already DELETED clips which is that's why they're called offline.

oh if you're talking about "removing it from bin window", ok that's already what I've been doing so far. thanks anyway.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
nitrococuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRsupport View Post
Very easy. :)
not at all. you don't really get what i'm sayin.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

Get real I know exactly what you are saying and the advice given is the correct one.
You have to remove the offline clips from your timeline and bin (project).
If you want to delete assets from a project and the Harddisk you have to use delete file from within EDIUS.
If you delete from explorer the references stay in the project. That's why the restore dialog comes up.

You don't get the basics of editing. Offline clip does not mean it is deleted.
I means the asset is currently not available.
This can be because the San or Nas is down you changed the drive letter, removed an external firewire or usb2 drive.

But in most cases you want to be able to point EDIUS to the correct location so it can relink the references to those files.

If you just take some time to read the manual or read and put to practice the advice given you will get it.

It is kind of strange that you ask for help and want to lecture people who provide the help about function.

Yeah right......
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Last edited by SRsupport; 05-10-2010 at 08:56 PM.
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
nitrococuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRsupport View Post
Get real I know exactly what you are saying and the advice given is the correct one.
You have to remove the offline clips from your timeline and bin (project).
If you want to delete assets from a project and the Harddisk you have to use delete file from within EDIUS.
If you delete from explorer the references stay in the project. That's why the restore dialog comes up.

You don't get the basics of editing. Offline clip does not mean it is deleted.
I means the asset is currently not available.
This can be because the San or Nas is down you changed the drive letter, removed an external firewire or usb2 drive.

But in most cases you want to be able to point EDIUS to the correct location so it can relink the references to those files.

If you just take some time to read the manual or read and put to practice the advice given you will get it.

It is kind of strange that you ask for help and want to lecture people who provide the help about function.

Yeah right......
My friend, you still dont understand me. Let's put the argument about what is offline clip aside. I just want to see the warning message no more. I delete a clip on explorer, may be it was also on bin window or not, I dont care. All I demand is that I dont want edius to tell me "hey ! there are some missing files..try this, try that ..bla..bla" . I already know there are. I dont need it to tell me everytime I open my project. That's all I wanted. Now you're gonna tell me to delete the missing footage from bin window again, and I say thanks I already know that. is there any other way such as disabling the warning on application settings or anything else ? that's what I have been trying to learn. thanks for your care.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
Jeff Chandler

It's probably a minor point (because you're likely to do it when you close the project) but make sure that you've saved the proJect after you delete the assets from Edius. Otherwise, Edius will look for them again the next time you open the project.
Jeff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
pjsssss

There is no way that I know of to delete that warning.
And frankly I don't think it would be a good idea to do so. For example let's say that there are clips that you know are missing and that is fine. But what happens if there is another clip on a drive that just got corrupted or the drive failed and you did not know about it prior to this? Then you would want to have that warning. This fits into the "Better safe than sorry" category.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
nitrococuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Chandler View Post
It's probably a minor point (because you're likely to do it when you close the project) but make sure that you've saved the proJect after you delete the assets from Edius. Otherwise, Edius will look for them again the next time you open the project.

But I have a habit like using many many temporary files for my projects I work on, thus I'll lose much time dealing with deleting files from bin window. For example, I export the audio on my desktop, then I try some effects on sound forge and it doesnt work out, so I leave it and delete the file from desktop. Because it was also captured by bin window, now I see that message tellin' me to restore. Now you might say "just delete it", OK but I always work like this so the idea wont make my work easy and functional more. I need a definite solution.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS