Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvit View Post
I NEVER use the option to open "last recovered file" since I learned that it does NOT open the last saved file. I go into the "backup" and "autosave" folders and check the "date-modified" property and open the last one that way. This always works.
I do exactly the same

EDIUS 9 WG & EDIUS 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #12
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
This would happen on rare occasions with previous version of Edius but with v9+(WG) it's happening almost every time I open Edius.

I double click the Edius icon, or a project file, and an EDIUS process will start and show in the Windows Process Manager but no GUI interface will start. Not the loading window and not the program itself. Since I know this already, and have figured out a work-around, what I have been doing is immediately after double clicking Edius, I go to the Windows task manager and end the Edius process. THEN I double click whatever I want and Edius will open properly.

Also, after exiting Edius, the process doesn't close and every time I exit Edius, I have to end it's process in the task manager. (THIS never happened before v9)

I can't confirm it's a "bug" until someone else reports that they have the same issue.
This is most likely caused by one of the outdated plugs you just copied from the EDIUS 8 folder (as mentioned in a another thread of yours)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #13
zvit

I didn't check the plugin thing yet but I can now confirm and explain exactly what is happening.

The reason I can't at first, double click to open Edius is because an Edius process is still open.

Whenever I close Edius, either with the X or by file\exit, the Edius GUI will close but the EDIUS.exe process will still be open.

taskkill in a command prompt does not work and returns an error that the process is not open, even though in tasklist you see it IS open. (screenshot)

This command does NOT close the Edius process:
Taskkill /IM EDIUS.exe /F

But I found a command prompt that WILL close it:
wmic process where name="EDIUS.exe" call terminate

So I created an autohotkey file with this command, made an icon for it and pinned it to the taskbar. When I click it, it will terminate the Edius process. So that's what I'll do before opening Edius - until I investigate the plugin thing.
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edius 8.53 WORKSTATION...
zvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:27 AM   #14
antonsvideo

I would rather find and fix the outdated plugin

EDIUS 9 WG & EDIUS 7.53 with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 850 Pro SSD for System, 4 WD RE4 2TB in Raid5 for Video, Adaptec Raid Controller, 4 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
zvit

Ok, did a quick check. Moved the NewBlueFX folder away from EDIUS plugins folder and Edius closes fine.

But there are 259 files in the NewBlueFX folder... I am not going to put back 1 file at a time and restart Edius each time, to find the culprit.
Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 20 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edius 8.53 WORKSTATION...
Old 05-21-2018, 07:49 AM   #16
antonsvideo

there is no need to do one at a time

if you open the NewBlue Info panel on any filter, it will show you which plugins have an update available
Attached Images
File Type: png AVP-0254.png (95.1 KB, 10 views)

Old 05-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #17
zvit

Ok, maybe I got lucky. Before I read this, I said to myself "I'll put the NewBlue folder back for now and deal with it later."

I put the NewBlue folder back and now Edius closes properly! I tried several times. Strange.
Maybe some bits were on a bad sector or something and moving them away and back, copied them to a different, good sector of the disk.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #18
antonsvideo

Quote:
Ok, maybe I got lucky. Before I read this, I said to myself "I'll put the NewBlue folder back for now and deal with it later."

I put the NewBlue folder back and now Edius closes properly! I tried several times. Strange.
Maybe some bits were on a bad sector or something and moving them away and back, copied them to a different, good sector of the disk.
don't speak too soon

you need to actually apply one of the outdated filters or transitions before you experience the issue upon closing :)

Old 05-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #19
zvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
don't speak too soon

you need to actually apply one of the outdated filters or transitions before you experience the issue upon closing :)
There are applied. that's why when I moved the folder and opened Edius, I got a "dummy plugin" warning.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #20
antonsvideo

Quote:
There are applied. that's why when I moved the folder and opened Edius, I got a "dummy plugin" warning.
yes, but now you need to access them to cause the issue, open a few of the settings and then save and exit and it will hang

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS