Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge

Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Jimbo

Post re-play an animation within the same template

Hi,
I have a 3 second animation, loaded via a scene parameter that I would like to play at the start of a template and again after a short pause of a few seconds. I was hoping just to be able to keyframe the play action a the required point to re-play the animation, using the same object, but that seems not to work.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this? I didn't really want to add another object to the template, as I just want to play the thing again using the existing object.

Any ideas?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
GrassValley_JE
Grass Valley

Hi Jim,

Re-playing the animation like you want will work if you keyframe the player action property of your animation object as follows:

1. T=0, Player Action = Play
2. T=4, Player Action = Stop or Pause (pause will only be ok if your animation ends with a transparant frame).
3. T=5, Player Action = Play

The "intermediate" player action step (stop/pause action) will trigger the animation player to preload the animation again so playback can restart. The animation player will not preload the animation again if you have keyframed two "play" actions following each other (as long as the animation file remains the same).

Regards,

Jan Roel Evers
GrassValley_JE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Jimbo

Smile

Thanks very much Jan - I thought I'd tried the pause - replay keyframe - but whatever, it now seems to work following the steps provided.

Many thanks.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Guntis

Hi,

I have similar issue just solution with PLAY/STOP not best because there need to create limited count of re-plays.
In my case need to create template which can be looped unlimited with predefined loop replay time (example 5min).
So I need template which re-play my animation each 5min and template will be added to Format which can be aplied to 5 hour long event so manually add play/stop will not be best case for my issue.
Can someone suggest any other solution?

Thank you
Guntis
Guntis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
GrassValley_RV
Grass Valley

This one is not easy to solve with the current feature set. What you need is a way to trigger a template from another template, e.g. from itself.

There is a way to achieve this, however, it is a workaround and a bit dirty:

1. add a ticker to your template (A). Add a ticker story that takes approx. 5 minutes to exit the screen. Play with the ticker speed and the story length to time this. Also make sure the ticker is hidden, i.e. place it outside the visible area.
2. add a Template Rule that triggers template A when the last pixel of the story has exited.

Thus, the ticker functions as a sort of timer which, after a certain time, loops the template.

In the future we will offer some kind of Trigger Event object that you can place on a template to trigger itself.

Regards,
Roy
GrassValley_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
Matteo MTV

If I can add my input and I understood correctly the problem I would suggest the follow:

You have a template that need to play an animation of 3 seconds i.e. each 5 minutes. Currently the animation is 75 frames with the last one transparent. In the case of a trigger each 5 minutes, I would render the animation adding 7425 transparent frames. Setting the player as a loop animation, it will loop each 5 minutes and the format of 5 hours can determine the start-stop.

I am currently using this tecnique whenever the brand wants to have a static Ghost bug that animates each 2-3-4 minutes.

Best,
Matteo
Matteo MTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
tuannui

Default Please help me - On GV Director

I have 10 Story in 1 Ticker Template, and they can not be separated at the discretion of the director.
Exp: A text . B text . C text .D text . E
.D text is begin Story 4 (of course the beginning of each Story are as above phenomena)
Thank you so much !
tuannui is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Integrated Production & Playout > GV Edge