Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 07-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
jsyrjanen

Default Multi-track export for desktop media players

I am asked to export a multi-track audio version of an edit - the original is a 2ch stereo - so that the original stereo mix is on stereo track 1, and a narration-less mix on stereo track 2. As I understand, the idea is that the viewer can toggle between the two tracks in a desktop media player, e.g. VLC.

While my two created stereo tracks migrate properly to another NLE, VLC does not recognize them as separate tracks, but attempts to play all at the same time, thereby yielding an incorrect mix. Under "Audio Tracks", only one is listed in VLC. I'm supposed to have two separate, switchable ones.

I'm thinking Edius might not be a tool capable for this. Would I need to export a regular 2ch stereo version of the edit, and then export the additional stereo pair as a WAV or similar, to be muxed together in some other application? Or is there some way of doing this from Edius timeline that I'm not aware of?

Laptop: 8.50 WG/Win 10 Home/ASUS ROG G751/Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
jsyrjanen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS