Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 02-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
ksharma

Default ADVC300 newbie help!

Hi -

I have just purchased this great product and captured a bit of VHS. As with most VHS, the quality isn't great and I was wondering if there is any way of enhancing the transferred recordings (please see attached grainy image e.g. you can tell it is VHS just by looking at this screen grab right ?). I must say that the transferred sound is absolutely fine and am pleasantly surprised !

Also, sometimes on VHS tapes you get some grey lines that occassionally appear across the screen - is there any way of editing these out ?

Finally, is there any way of activating the hardware as a standalone controller i.e. using windows display settings to direct all PC output via SVHS to a normal TV ?

Thanks

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 1.jpg (11.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by ksharma; 02-06-2009 at 06:13 PM.
ksharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksharma View Post
Finally, is there any way of activating the hardware as a standalone controller i.e. using windows display settings to direct all PC output via SVHS to a normal TV ?
For this you should get a video card with TV output, or a TwinPact100. The ADVC only decodes DV-compressed data sent to it.

Besides, unless you have a HDTV and hardware that can output HD (again, video card with HDTV output), you're probably not going to like the results. SD TV is effectively only 640x480 resolution, anything more than that will need to be scaled down and will generally by fuzzy, if not worse.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC