Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
Haddock

Default Mask video Filter

Hello,

I have learn to use mask.

But when I am in the box to create the form of the mask and adapt it, I don't see the video of the time line in background.....

So having a video or photo on V1, I introduce another video on V2, add the Mask video filter, open the tools to create the form.... but I dont see the V1.

Is there a parameter to fix so I can see backview as when creating a Title or when I use the layout to create picture in picture and placing the "front view" on the best place considering the back view.

Thanks for help

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #2
Haddock

After others investigations, it seems there is no solution to work in Mask with the visibility of the timelines in background...

So, I know that I have already receive an answer about the following question but I forgot the way :

Where or to Who may I transmit this demand to obtain this feature in the following versions of Edius ?

Is there somewhere in the forum a special link where any user can go and consult the others features asked by others users.... to avoid repetition of same demands.... and why not confirm and add vote of interest on previous demands.

Thanks for help

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
kpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
...Where or to Who may I transmit this demand to obtain this feature in the following versions of Edius ?...
AFAIK you should send your feature-request per PM to a GV-moderator.
kurt
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.2 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
3pointedit

In the mask filter controls you will see that the shape has "inside" and and "outside" settings. Change the value for Inside Opacity, this will make the mask shape transparent, allowing you to see through the V2 clip to whatever is on V1 below.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
kpot

Quote:
... it seems there is no solution to work in Mask with the visibility of the timelines in background...
At time the controlling of the position of the V2-Clip have to be done via the REC-window.
I agree to your feature request, would be more intuitive.
regards kurt
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.2 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #6
Haddock

After others investigations, it seems there is no solution to work in Mask with the visibility of the timelines in background...

So, I know that I have already receive an answer about the following question but I forgot the way :

Where or to Who may I transmit this demand to obtain this feature in the following versions of Edius ?

Is there somewhere in the forum a special link where any user can go and consult the others features asked by others users.... to avoid repetition of same demands.... and why not confirm and add vote of interest on previous demands.

Thanks for help

Old 09-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
Captain

Quote:
to avoid repetition of same demands.... and why not confirm and add vote of interest on previous demands.
GV would not let this happen, because everybody would be able to see what features are requested in large numbers. As a result, GV would become criticizable for not implementing a feature that has been requested a hundred times.

By requesting via PM Grass Valley has the chance to actually ignore everything they don't like, for this way there is no public pressure on them.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Hello,

I have learn to use mask.

But when I am in the box to create the form of the mask and adapt it, I don't see the video of the time line in background.....

So having a video or photo on V1, I introduce another video on V2, add the Mask video filter, open the tools to create the form.... but I dont see the V1.

Is there a parameter to fix so I can see backview as when creating a Title or when I use the layout to create picture in picture and placing the "front view" on the best place considering the back view.

Thanks for help
You will see any track below in the REc monitor provided you have enabled :
Combine filter layers and track layers (for effects settings)

This can be found in the users settings.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpot View Post
At time the controlling of the position of the V2-Clip have to be done via the REC-window.
I agree to your feature request, would be more intuitive.
regards kurt
You cannot control the position of a clip in the mask window.
Position in done in the layouter. That's why you see it in the rec window.

You can only control the position of a mask shape in the mask tool.
If you need to move the masked area with the mask enabled you have to add the transform tool beneath the mask.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-08-2017 at 06:24 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Seemedia

Remeber to check Combine layers on user settings, playback
Attached Images
File Type: png combine-filter-layers.png (14.1 KB, 23 views)

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski

Last edited by Seemedia; 09-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Seemedia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS