Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
jerseydavis

Default Edius ACADEMIC and Plug-ins

I have 5.5 Academic. I want to burn directly to DVD; but, under 'Exporting' options, the 'Burn Disk' option is ghosted (because there's no Corel plug-in). I now have the money to get MovieFactory Pro 7. I want to install it as a plug-in if possible. Can I? Anyone know how/where to get it? Prodad, for example, sells plug-in versions of its related software offerings. I can't find anything like that with Corel. Any help appreciated.
jerseydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
Rusty

Corel is not a "Plug-in" per se...
Burn to Disc may be unavailable if you are working in a non-compliant project, like Full HD or 24p

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
jerseydavis

Default Any other reasons then for no 'burn disk'?

OK. Thanks. So Corel works as a stand-alone (I'm guessing) and not a plug-in. Since I don't have the bundled 3-party stuff, well, I can't tell...
I'm not sure what 'compliant' is here, sorry. This is my very first project in Edius (my last, last year, was in an old Avid). It's 720P@60 in native AVCHD (from a Panasonic GH1). Why would 'burn disk' be ghosted at all? Couldn't I burn whatever I want to any disk that'll take it? At any rate, I'd like to be able to export the markers and such on my project to make it easier to construct the DVD, which is what I thought happened with the Corel/Edius connection.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
CentralEurope

what you will make
HD stream ... on a DVD ??
this is not conforming to standards .... some BD-player will it play well, someone will it not play well
with some DVD tool 's you can create this conforming DVD....not with Edius

for HD stream from Edius timeline with titles and chapters ... you need make a BD

DVD in low SD resolution ..... so it needs a SD Project in interlaced format

Edius "Disk Burner" is not a complette Authoring-Applikation like Encore
Edius "Disk Burner" is a quick and simple tool for DVD /BD with titles and chapters from timeline to disk
Edius "Disk Burner" as simple tool have some "limitation" .
one limitation is => DVD needs interlaced project ----like Rusty in above post tells

please, excuse my "fractal" english ... greetings from Central€urope

PS: this is in all Edius/Neo versions ... have nothing to do with your ACADEMIC-Version

@ not to jerseydavis ... but to all the "backdoors"
and why have we similar posts, ever and ever ??
why stand all this not in the manual??
[the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]
CentralEurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
Bluetongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydavis View Post
OK. Thanks. So Corel works as a stand-alone (I'm guessing) and not a plug-in. Since I don't have the bundled 3-party stuff, well, I can't tell...
I'm not sure what 'compliant' is here, sorry. This is my very first project in Edius (my last, last year, was in an old Avid). It's 720P@60 in native AVCHD (from a Panasonic GH1). Why would 'burn disk' be ghosted at all? Couldn't I burn whatever I want to any disk that'll take it? At any rate, I'd like to be able to export the markers and such on my project to make it easier to construct the DVD, which is what I thought happened with the Corel/Edius connection.
It seems you are working in "P" progressive format for your project
Edius will not burn a "P" DVD as it does not comply with the DVD specs although most players will handle it OK, usually turning it into interlaced for presentation to the TV depending on settings in the DVD player
Change your project to "Interlaced" and the Burn to DVD should appear
It dose not matter if you are working in HD or SD the "Burn to DVD" will appear when your project is "Interlaced"
Burning from the timeline your Markers will appear as chapters
With Corel this will not happen and you will have to set them up manually
If you were to use DVDLab then you could export the markers and import them as your chapters

Regards Barry

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,
Bluetongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
jerseydavis

Default very good stuff

and thanks to you all. I learned several things here. and yes, with AVCHD I (supposedly) can just lay it back down to disk and view it on my BD. This is what I'm learning. This is my first HD progressive project with AVCHD--and my first with Edius, so all this info is helpful. I'm just trying to find an efficient workstream with no transcoding (or little) if possible to keep things as pristine as Ii can. I googled and browsed these forums and the manual and couldn't find anything else. I'll check out DVDLab, too.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
CentralEurope

Quote:
I'm just trying to find an efficient workstream with no transcoding (or little)
If you make BD from timeline with chapters
There is no way for no (or little) transcoding, this end up always in a new full "rendergeneration"
Segmentencoding (smart rendering) is not aviable for AVCHD
Segmentencoding is only aviabel for HDV (or other mpeg)

I know only a unwritten "dirty trick" to burn a BD without any transcoding
and in cause to without transcoding, in only burn time. But this is limited to:
  • AVCHD files in full original lengt
  • each file is a (new) title
  • no chapter inside from a title
please, excuse my "fractal english.........greetings from Central€urope
[the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]
CentralEurope is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS