Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
tingsern

Default EDIUS 4.6 upgrade and Sorenson Squeeze 4.5

I downloaded the 4.6 EDIUS upgrade - no problem. Installed the patch - no problem. Start EDIUS 4.6 Broadcast - also no problem. Edit an existing project - also no problem ... save the AVI using Canopus HQ.

That's where it gets interesting. All of the Sorenson Squeeze's (4.5.700) import file shows the Canopus AVI video ... upside down !!! Before I upgraded EDIUS - version 4.54 ... Sorenson Squeeze's display is okay. After I upgrade, it is not okay.

If I just double clicked on the Canopus AVI (using REAL PLAYER) - no problem. I also use SonicFire Pro 4 - to load the video - no problem. ProCoder 3 - no problem as well.

Hence - the problem is only with Sorenson Squeeze. Has anybody who has Sorenson Squeeze try it and see if the AVI file is displayed upside down?

I tried both an existing Canopus AVI HQ file and one that was created by the new EDIUS 4.6 - both showed the same behavior on Squeeze. Something must be corrupting Squeeze somewhere.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
Rusty

ON2 also "flips" out too!

Make your project settings SD and out in MS CODEC and all will be well!

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
tingsern

Hi Rusty,

Project settings in EDIUS or Sorenson? What if I need HD output then? Instead of SD? MS Codec - which one did you choose?

Whose fault is this? Glass Valley or Sorenson?

Thanks.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
shueardm

Yes I noticed this the other day too, it didn't dawn on me that it was related to EDIUS. I need to use HD not SD source files.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
tingsern

Hello Glass Valley,

We have a confirmed problem with EDIUS 4.6 upgrade and Sorenson Squeeze now. It is definitely caused by EDIUS 4.6 upgrade. I can bypass the problem temporarily by using ProCoder 3. Can someone in Glass Valley please confirm that they can duplicate the problem first? Then we can wait for a fix from Glass Valley after that ....

I need to use HD - cannot be SD.

Thank you.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingsern View Post
Hello Glass Valley,

We have a confirmed problem with EDIUS 4.6 upgrade and Sorenson Squeeze now. It is definitely caused by EDIUS 4.6 upgrade. I can bypass the problem temporarily by using ProCoder 3. Can someone in Glass Valley please confirm that they can duplicate the problem first? Then we can wait for a fix from Glass Valley after that ....

I need to use HD - cannot be SD.

Thank you.
I wondered what you guys were talking about since I only produce .m2t files (after editing with Canopus HQ) and then use Sorenson Squeeze to produce the Blu-ray compliant files and had never seen this. Just tried it and indeed the image is upside down but if you click on the player it plays right side up. However, encoding with Squeeze - the resultant file (.m2v in this instance) played upside down. I have encoded with Edius Pro 4.6 and Procoder 3 (update 3.05) to .m2v files and no such problem.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
tingsern

That is precisely the problem. Because Sorenson Squeeze displays the video upside down, the encoded video (MP4, .MT2, etc, etc) output from Sorenson is also upside down. Prior to the EDIUS 4.6 upgrade, Sorenson Squeeze is fine - displays the video right side up and its output is also correctly displayed.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
mike0130

Quote:
I downloaded the 4.6 EDIUS upgrade - no problem. Installed the patch - no problem. Start EDIUS 4.6 Broadcast - also no problem.
Did I miss something? What kind of patch will make a broadcast from my downloaded Edius Pro? It is already interesting...
Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...
mike0130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
tingsern

EDIUS upgrades and even the base 4.00 ALL include the BROADCAST modules. The software will upgrade "EVERYTHING" in your HDD.

However, the way EDIUS recognises whether it is PRO or BROADCAST is via the Broadcast dongle.

If you don't have the Broadcast dongle, EDIUS will revert to PRO.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #10
shueardm

Out of pure interest I'd love to know why this has happened too. Never seen this before.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS