Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC

Old 07-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
X-trem production

Default Edius 8 - GV Browser

Hi all,

as many of you know, we are still missing multiple bin Windows in Edius. Maybe the GV Browser is a Workaround. As far as i know, you can directly put Clips via drag&drop from GV-Browser window into Edius 8 timeline, right?
And my next question: Can i open more GV-Browser parallel? Then we got our multiple Windows :-)

Ciao
Werner
Old 07-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
GrassValley_PS

No you cannot open multiple GV Browser's. There are still a few things missing from it to make it seamlessly connect with EDIUS and STRATUS. They have been discussed. I don't remember having multiple instances open being one of them.

Maybe you can play with it a bit mire and then let us know how you think that would fit/benefit in the workflow?
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
X-trem production

OK, once i have installed Edius 8, i will play with it. Because this is a really needed Feature in Edius.
I was "scarred surprised" when i watched a YouTube Video where Alex Kataoka (Edius Product Manager) explained the workaraound (via Windows Explorer) to get Multiple Bin Windows opened in parallel. That was the time where i thought by myself, GV - you know this issue and dont fix it ;-) ..... hmmmmm.

But maybe we start crowedfunding! What is the cost, to implement this Feature in Edius? Could someone tell me? I bet we can collect the Money :-)

BR.
Werner
Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
GrassValley_PS

It's not a "fix it" which would be the case for a bug. It is definitely a feature request and then it gets to be a case of where it sits in the priority list.
Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10
GrassValley_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
X-trem production

... i know, we already had this discussion.

But priority means, how many People benefit from the Feature and how much money i can earn with it. or is it a advantedge in the competition, which means more sold licenses of Edius. You can name it as you want, at the end of the day we are talking about money for GV. I know how the Business works, because we are developing Standard software for ware house Management syttem by ourself ;-)

What i want to say, tell me how much it would cost, and i say i'll pay for it :-)
For instance if you have to invest 500h of developing & qs, 100h Project mangement etc, multiplied with 60$ per hour, than we are talking about 36.000$.
To get this amount of money it's easy i would say for a long needed and still missing feature.

BR from a very hot Austria at this summertime.
Werner
Old 07-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #6
lotn

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think my question is in line with the subject :)

It's about the browser back-end. Since I already have some asset management tool using MS-SQL, I want to know what the browser uses before going on further installation tasks. So, it is M$ ? Postgres ? NoSQL ? a can ? ;)
lotn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > MYNC