Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 12-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
antonsvideo

I tested with 2 players

LG-BD370 fails

Sony BDP-S560 works

if using no menu, it works on both, so possibly a bug with the menu and not UDF, I tried to burn with Nero and it also failed, so clealrly a menu bug, I am not sure if anyone is fixing E5 bugs?

if using Edius6, it works on both with or without menu, but menu routing in E6 is broken, this is a known bug

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
swissrebel

You're a saint, thanks for that.

I'll work through Encore instead. The result will be prettier, this was just a quicker route.

Thanks again!
swissrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Red Union Films
Banned

Hi Daniel.

I think you will find that depending on the firmware of a PS3, it will say what the media actualy is. As in, if it is recordable media that has been used the PS3 knows this, it does not assume what the disc is by its format. If you insert a Blue-ray video recorded disc with wrong formating, it will say it is a recorded disc but wont auto play. You may still be able to navigate to the M2TS files and play. If the disc has the right formating, it will still say recordable but will auto start as it knows it should be a video disc.

Hope this helps.
Red Union Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
Red Union Films
Banned

Hi Daniel.

Don't worry about encryption and your PS3, it will play anything you throw at it as long as the disc is in the right format, you are more likely to have problems with commercial discs than your own. As you have probably found, it will still let you search and play video from discs that have not been formated to the proper UDF format. The only things it will have problems with as file playback, are files containing VC-1 or DTS. These do have to be seen as Blu-ray disc. Either way this does not affect you, as Edius does neither DTS or VC-1. I have been authoring for about 13 years, and can honestly say that the PS3 is a fantastic tool for checking either files or discs. Try using TVersity as a media server on your Edius machine, you can then access your M2TS files created by Edius over your LAN to your PS3, and a huge amount of other file types. Like I say, the PS3 is very versatile and a great tool in checking compression and authoring.

Hope this helps.

David.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
Red Union Films
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_hd View Post
Playing files burned on BD is not the same as playing BD video disc. If you want to check files you can quickly stream them over LAN or copy into pendrive.
PS3 won't play BD-R with AACS flags turned on, but this apply to PRO software- there is no such a setting in Edius, which does not mean that there are no issues with BDs from Edius.

David- how long have you been burning BD disc for PS3- definately not for last 13 years :)

Andrew
I said authoring for 13 years. Maybe you do not understand what this means, but it includes many things from DVD to Flash and through to Blu-ray in recent years.

There is nothing that you are helping with your comments on this thread.

Daniel, there is no problem using Edius encodes or authoring for Blu-ray with PS3, there will never be an issue as long as the software is working as it should and no problems with the media.

Dave.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
GrassValley_BH
Demystifier/Analogizer

Please drop the attitude and ego jabs. It's not productive.
GrassValley_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
trottnow

I burn Blu-ray and 3D blu-ray with E6 and my PS3 plays both just fine !
trottnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
HamonSerrano

I've burnt many BD with Edius 5.51, all played fine in PS3. Never used menus, that could make a difference.

Some Sony players only supports BDAV (or AVCHD) mode on writable media, and won't play BDMV on BD-R.
HamonSerrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #19
beardedboss

Default To cover more on Bluray Discs not Playing

I wonder if anyone found out any more info on this

I have recently updated from 5.12 to 5.5 as I was having trouble with Disc Burner Crashing at the end of the encode on 83% whilst making the BluRay Menus. After installing 5.5 update it works only when I put the disc in my LG BD370 Player it wont play, it reads the disc, displays BD on the Display then goes back to the Home Screen and wont respond to any other commands.
So like previously said here, I think it is being recoginsed as a data disc.

When I try the disc in my Panasonic BluRay Player it works.
However I can not be sure that it will work reliable enough various clients BD Players.
Prior to this I didn't have a problem with discs made with version 5.12.
Incidently switch the project to DVD on both 5,12 and 5.5 versions worked fine as normal.

I have since taken the resulted BD file from the BD TEMP Directory and put it through Sony DVD Arch version 5 and masterd it with that, the disc works fine in both my LG and Pannie Players, so after all that as said, something is broken with BluRay Burner in 5.5, any idea what exactly it is.
Yes, I have 6 in the box on the self, waiting for the next update.

Any advise and help welcomed. Thanks for reading
beardedboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 AM   #20
pjsssss

At least try upgrading to 5.51
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS