Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #21
Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
Why do you think there needs to be a replacement?
Dropping TMPro results in a reduction of the feature set. So a replacement is needed. At least if you have customer satisfaction in mind, imho.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
GrassValley_SL

If TMPRO is needed you can always purchase it. Again then you don't need to replace or miss it you just have to upgrade .
Remember it is not a GV product as such we don't control pricing.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #23
tdtinker

Quote:
If TMPRO is needed you can always purchase it. Again then you don't need to replace or miss it you just have to upgrade .
I have been using TMP since the Begining with Edius. We have many clients that come back to re-edit there projects. If our current version of TMP does not work with 6 and GV stance is to bad so sad this does not make a happy customer wanting to upgrade to version 6. Remember that Qtitler was never a good option. It may not have a GV product but it was one GV supplied and many of us have deep roots using it.
tdtinker
tdtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #24
John Lewis

Cant find TMP on the net ? Is it still going
John Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
tuyle

Quote:
So for people who are using TMPRO should not upgrade to Edius V6 or they must buy the TMPRO upgrade + Edius upgrade ??? (or buy new title program).

in other word, the upgrade to Edius 6 + good title program will be expensive :-(
tuyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
GrassValley_SL

I have send the concerns to the right people but for now the previous answers are valid until new information is provided.

Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-13-2010 at 07:39 PM.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
bigrick

I personnally haven't used TMPro for the last 2 years. I tried using it, but have always had crash problems and numerous other bugs. I've been using Blufftitler, eventhough it is not that easy to use, it gets the job done and with good quality.

I was realy looking forward to V6 and hoping I would see an offer by GV where there would be some kind of deal offered to their customers which would bundle VISTITLE with version 6.

I am very happy with the new features of V6, but I am very dissappointed not to see a deal which includes VISTITLE, a realy professional titler which would have been a real addition to Edius.

To satisfy my needs, I would now have to buy an upgrade from V5.5 to V6 plus the prohibitive cost of VISTITLE. The total is too high for me. I don't know what to do.

I hope GV will listen to its client base and offer us some kind of a deal on VISTITLE. This is a greatly needed addition.

Rick
bigrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
GrassValley_MD
Mike Downey... The Jollymon

Guys... TMPro has basically been a dead program for a few years now. We bundled it for a while but Like Brandon said it was time to move on.

1. We can't control what the writers of TMPro do or charge. I am not sure why we dropped it but I know the reason was a legit one.

2. THe soundsoap example given is the same thing... if you used sound soap on an old project and then tried to open it without it and with what we bundle now you would find VERY quickly it is not a replacement.

3. We DO care about customer satisfaction... that is why this is the largest upgrade in the history of EDIUS and why so many customer wants for the last few years have been added.

I do apologise that TMPro is not bundled for the folks that have used it but because of factors not in our control it is no longer there.
GrassValley_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
RonnieMartin

How much more is the upgrade with TMP? What is the cost of vistitle?

Because of the many TBs of material that I have saved I surely will need TMP with my upgrade. Almost every week I have a request for an update on past projects that have titles made in TMP. Sometimes it is just a correction or update on a commercial and it is so easy to go back and change just the title and export the project.

What ever the outcome I will surely order my update with TMP...

I am excited about the new features and look forward to upgrading.

Thanks Guys

Ronnie
main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG
RonnieMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
dpalomaki

So what are the Titler options for use with v6?

Vistitle - how to get it is not all that clear to me. Looks kind of like it might be a "garage" product.

A TM Pro upgrade, but not clear where that come from as well given it appears to be a long-dead product development wise.

Quicktitle with its limitations?

Others.
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS