Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus

Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
shueardm

What's done is done mate. But if you had asked me (I'm the first on your URL list) I could have made it close enough to stop you sending your money overseas, which is really not good for the economy and in the climate that we are in right now, even more bewildering people don't really care too much.

Let's just hope it works first time and you never need to claim on warranty. There will not be any help in Australia for you from the Grass Valley people..
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
africanmarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shueardm View Post
What's done is done mate. But if you had asked me (I'm the first on your URL list) I could have made it close enough to stop you sending your money overseas, which is really not good for the economy and in the climate that we are in right now, even more bewildering people don't really care too much.

Let's just hope it works first time and you never need to claim on warranty. There will not be any help in Australia for you from the Grass Valley people..
good to know. thanks mate.
africanmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #23
STORMDAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shueardm View Post
I tried an uncompressed file (RGB) and it did it but not as fast as Canopus HQ files. Took about 1/2 realtime comapred to 2x RT for HQ files. So I am not sure if that means the hardware was bypassed or not?

I then tried a DVCPro HD file and it converted as fast as a Canopus HQ file did.

It still beggars belief that the card can do so much more than what we have been entitled to through a third party product by a much smaller company who don't even have their own Spurs Engine hardware board. It should be embarrassing to Grass Valley.
Might be a hard drive issue...since some of these tests are saying there is a %500 percent increase, that Uncompressed file has to be fed 5 times realtime I would think. On top of that you have to write back.

So Canopus HQ files are faster because they are slower...

Just a guess from the AE rendering work I do...Rendering is faster than what the hard drive can feed.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > FIRECODER Blu & Pegasus