Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 01-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
nath

Default frame rate of 16fps or 18fps (for 8mm film transfer)

Is there a way to set a project to have a frame-rate of 16fps or 18fps?

We have been using Edius as our principal program to do all the color grading and editing work of our frame-by-frame Super 8 and Double-8 film work (at 25fps) for over 15 yrs. (... details on our workflow ...) And have been finalizing projects at 24fps for BD (and 29.97 or 25fps for DVDs).

We now have been producing 16fps and 18fps MP4 exports using ffmpeg for projects that where shot at 16 or 18fps. It would be nice to have that capability to finalize it within Edius.

Or is there a way to manually hack the fps setting within the project file to get a 16fps or 18fps project started?

Thank you.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
antonsvideo

EDIUS only supports 15 or 20fps, that is the closest to 16 or 18

you can add a 16fps film to 15fps project, then in the bin set film to 15fps before adding to timeline, it will run a tiny bit slower but no frame blending

and the 18fps film you could speed up slightly by setting it to 20 in the bin and then adding it to 20fps timeline
Attached Images
File Type: png AVP-0673.png (2.7 KB, 15 views)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
nath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
EDIUS only supports 15 or 20fps, that is the closest to 16 or 18

you can add a 16fps film to 15fps project, then in the bin set film to 15fps before adding to timeline, it will run a tiny bit slower but no frame blending

and the 18fps film you could speed up slightly by setting it to 20 in the bin and then adding it to 20fps timeline
Thank you for the suggestion. I found a way around it by using ffmpeg - here is the blog I wrote about it. The big plus using ffmpeg is that it is not tying up my Edius software, running parallel. So no down time to build these files.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS