Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-14-2009, 04:27 AM   #11
tingsern

I found that CINEFORM's codec for converting AVCHD files to their codec is TWO times FASTER than Canopus's AVCHD2HQ ... and CINEFORM AVI can be edited on the timeline by EDIUS. Just as good as HQ - uses wavelet compression.

It has 10 bits 4.2.2 - versus 8 bits 4.2.0 for native AVCHD files. You can download their trial copy and test it for yourself.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #12
burnandreturn

The Avid codec doesn't show up. I think it is not installed in the right place. The installation wizard puts it in c/program files/aivd/aividcodecle. I would think it would need to be installed either in some system folder of some sort or an Edius folder of some sort.

And if this sounds a little irritating to some that is how it is. I am not a professional but there is nothing on this forum that I have read that restricts posts to professionals. I pay the same as any professional and Grass Valley/Canopus has taken my money for products since the DVstorm was introduced.

Thank you
burnandreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

No it is a quicktime codec. Since it is a quicktime codec Quicktime has to see it for EDIUS to use it as an export codec.
Since it shows up in my Quicktime export module as codec choice, I don't know what you are doing wrong.
I have them installed on 3 systems on all three the codecs show up in the Quicktime exporter.

The Avid package states Avid QuickTime Codecs
So if it does not show up in quicktime maybe it is a better idea to call Avid tech support and ask them why?
Because this is actually not an Edius related problem .
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Last edited by SRsupport; 02-14-2009 at 02:24 PM.
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #14
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

Maybe these pictures will help
4 steps
Attached Images
File Type: png step1.png (45.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png step2.png (87.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png step3.png (112.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png step4.png (94.7 KB, 17 views)
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
Old 02-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #15
burnandreturn

Of course it is not an Edius problem. It is my problem. I am not putting the codec in the right folder obviously. But it is correct to ask in the Edius forum because Edius cannot find the codec so it would be helpful for an Edius expert to tell me where Edius needs the codec to be installed. Avid tech support probably is not familiar on an official basis with Edius structure.

It probably needs to be directed to a folder in Quicktime I suppose, but which one I don't know.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #16
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

You don't have to have to do anything just install the codec package and it will show up.
Nothing more.

You don't put codecs in EDIUS . You install them in windows. and if they are direct show they use the avi exporter and if they are qiucktime they show up in quicktime exporter.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #17
burnandreturn

Got it and Edius found it. Thank you for you help. Sorry it was such a struggle.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS