Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder

Old 11-06-2008, 02:08 AM   #81
Martin_Gleeson

Been having the usual heartache that Encore provides whenever you try to do something different (i.e. author a BD). Finally decided to get CS4 and this fixed most of the issues. However, it seems that Encore doesn't like the presets for MPEG2 I tried from here. I get this error:

Quote:
---------------------------
Adobe Encore
Blu-ray Object: "<Timeline>Main Movie", Error: "invalid index", Code: "14", Note: "Value of DisplayExtension colour_primaries, transfer_characteristics, or matrix_coefficients not supported in the BD standard."
OK
The MPEG is imported fine, and shows as Don't Transcode, but when I try to build the disk or image, I get that error. Anyone else see it before?

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
Dublin, Ireland. PAL.
Martin_Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #82
shueardm

@ SONYMAN. I have only had partial success with AVC in Encore CS3 and total success with DoStudio. The other programs dont seem to like it.

@Martin. I don't have CS4 yet, i'll be a bit dissapointed if i can't use the Mpeg 2 presets. Here's hoping something obvious can fix this issue for you.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 AM   #83
swsw1550

All I can say is Badaboom,Badaboom.....
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #84
Martin_Gleeson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
Been having the usual heartache that Encore provides whenever you try to do something different (i.e. author a BD). Finally decided to get CS4 and this fixed most of the issues. However, it seems that Encore doesn't like the presets for MPEG2 I tried from here. I get this error:

The MPEG is imported fine, and shows as Don't Transcode, but when I try to build the disk or image, I get that error. Anyone else see it before?
I got Encore CS4 to accept an MPEG2 file from Procoder and generate an image. I installed the latest PC3 patch and used the Blu-ray settings from there. That's not saying the CS4 wont accept the settings in this thread; but I could only get my copy to work with the standard BD presets from the latest PC3.

CS4 is definately more stable than CS3 for me. As I recall, the same was the case between Encore 1.0 and 1.5. Version 1.5 worked, version 1.0 did not.

HTH someone
Martin

Edius 9.50. Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k
Dublin, Ireland. PAL.
Martin_Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #85
plekkie

I am using Sony DVD Architect 5 pro (comes with Sony Vegas) to author Blu-ray discs. I am batch exporting to MPEG2-HD and ac3 stereo directly from the timeline in Edius 5 with the built-in exporter. MPEG2 files are accepted by DVD Architect without re-encoding, however, the .ac3 files (stereo) made by the Edius exporter are not accepted for Blu-ray projects, so they will be recompressed.

In the Sony forums I learned that there is a difference between ac3 files compliant with DVD and Blu-ray. Edius ac3 files are OK for DVD, but not for Blu-ray. According Sony forums, ac3 files for Blu-ray must be encoded with Dolby Digital Pro, instead of Studio (both available in Sony Vegas).

Does anyone know if the ac3 files from the Edius exporter are accepted by Encore or DVDitProHD for Blu-ray projects?
Are the ac3 files encoded by Procoder 3 different from the ones made by the Edius exporter?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #86
Khoi Pham

I use Encore and it accept AC3 from Edius or ProCoder for Blu-ray just fine.
Why do you use Edius to encode MPEG2 HD if you have Vegas? Have you try to encode AVC from Vegas for Blu-ray?
Khoi Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #87
plekkie

I use Edius to encode to MPEG2 HD directly from the Edius timeline. I have not tried to encode AVC from Vegas. I guess I would have to export to Canopus HQ from the Edius timeline, and import that into Vegas. I am trying to find the easiest workflow though, without too many steps and different applications.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #88
THoff

If the audio will always be re-encoded during authoring, I would output LPCM instead. Encoding LPCM to AC3 isn't all that time-consuming compared to encoding the video, and you would get better quality by starting with uncompressed audio.
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #89
shueardm

Why not just use LPCM as the audio trck anyway?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #90
swsw1550

Have a look at the new TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0 software, Does dvd and Blu-Ray, I have been using it for a couple of days now, and WOW, great results.

Steve
swsw1550 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ProCoder