Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #151
Alade

I do agree with you on the need for internet theses days, that is why I have large flash drives...if a bug hits me, its just the inet PC and maybe the falsh drive which I can reformat and just go again in a few minutes.....I cant afford to take too many chances....
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #152
pjsssss

I am with Steve on this. I have all of those things on my system and I still fly through things. If you have a marginal system or a slower one, I can understand nothing else on it. But in today's world, many times it is just not practical to have a separate computer for these things (plus it is not very Green). It is also one way that I can be on the forum as much as I do. I edit a while and when I need a break, I just open the forum real quickly, scroll or answer things and then go back to editing.

There are many things we repeat just because it is the way things used to be...like No overclocking. Things evolve.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #153
Ulisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
I am with Steve on this. I have all of those things on my system and I still fly through things.
Sure, you are right but it was so some years ago ... it was perfectly right. 5-6 years ago it was less easy to catch a virus but today .... mmmmm surfing has became more dangerous. ;) OS needs antivirus and firewall. mmmm
Ulisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #154
Alade

There you go, that is why I keep editing where it should be, and my PCs are fairly close, so when I need a break, I just roll across to the net PC, and if I am on my backup editin PC, I just pull out the drawer, and there is the mouse and keyboard for the inet PC, they are on the same desk....just a slight turn......really, there are too many viruses out there, and I had my share of trojans and worms, so I dont need the headache........had to reformat and reload all my software on more than one occasion, and that was not a pleasant task
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS