Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #21
STORMDAVE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 2,812
Default

Not for me, but I have a Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer, and a balanced input would be nice...on the other hand, if all your source footage is digital (HDV, etc) you don't really need a balanced input. I record alot of voiceovers, and balanced inputs would be a huge plus for me.

Without a question, SD/HD-SDI/HD Component inputs would be a major plus nowadays, with cameras such as the Canon H1's supporting HD-SDI, I don't see how a capture card company can stay in the biz without releasing an affordable cardset for this type of market...the gap is really blurry now, and you don't need to have a $100,000 Turnkey to do what you could do 10 years ago.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:52 AM   #22
Jerry
Senior Member
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orange City, FL
Posts: 11,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMDAVE View Post
Not for me, but I have a Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer, and a balanced input would be nice...on the other hand, if all your source footage is digital (HDV, etc) you don't really need a balanced input. I record alot of voiceovers, and balanced inputs would be a huge plus for me.

Without a question, SD/HD-SDI/HD Component inputs would be a major plus nowadays, with cameras such as the Canon H1's supporting HD-SDI, I don't see how a capture card company can stay in the biz without releasing an affordable cardset for this type of market...the gap is really blurry now, and you don't need to have a $100,000 Turnkey to do what you could do 10 years ago.
Dave,
Did you get the second questionaire from GV about Canopus name recognition. A couple of the questions dealt with strong and weak points of the product line. You know I had to blast em with the SD/HD SDI weakness and price. Maybe, if enough people get on that bandwagon it might get to the upper management types.
__________________
Jerry
Six Gill DV
www.sgdvtutorials.com
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #23
Aristotelis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thomastown, Ireland
Posts: 665
Default

Quote:
Without a question, SD/HD-SDI/HD Component inputs would be a major plus nowadays, with cameras such as the Canon H1's supporting HD-SDI, I don't see how a capture card company can stay in the biz without releasing an affordable cardset for this type of market...the gap is really blurry now, and you don't need to have a $100,000 Turnkey to do what you could do 10 years ago.
A very nice and relatively cheap solution is the ADVC HDM1 that will let you have HD-SDI input and convert it to HDV...It doesn’t fill the gap but it comes close...
__________________
Aristotelis Bafaloukos
Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Aristotelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #24
albert
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default P5WDG2 WS with storm card

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartyarts View Post
This board is great: I have used the SP on my system (see my profile) and it worked perfectly!
I would go for the Edius SP SDI now...
in your signiture you show the storm2, did that run nicly in that board also?

al.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #25
STORMDAVE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 2,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Dave,
Did you get the second questionaire from GV about Canopus name recognition. A couple of the questions dealt with strong and weak points of the product line. You know I had to blast em with the SD/HD SDI weakness and price. Maybe, if enough people get on that bandwagon it might get to the upper management types.
Hi Jerry, it was only one questionnaire and that question was on there. I did mention somewhere about the same issue that you were on as well, so hopefully 2 out of XX people will help? :D

Once companies lose market share, they'll start to make new products...Thing with Canopus is that they're big in Japan, so they don't really want to worry about the rest of the world, but with the GV acquisition, a change is inevitable.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
STORMDAVE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 2,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotelis View Post
A very nice and relatively cheap solution is the ADVC HDM1 that will let you have HD-SDI input and convert it to HDV...It doesn’t fill the gap but it comes close...
I don't really need HD-SDI right now, but a card that's capable of supporting it would be a huge advantage for me.
STORMDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #27
Mr Bill
Senior Member
 
Mr Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 321
Default

Thanks to all, who have helped me !

Bill :)
__________________
.
GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
www.gpvideo.com.au
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
 
Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Copyright © 2014 Belden Inc. All rights reserved.