Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 AM   #21
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingsern View Post
Obviously, something is messing up Sorenson Squeeze in Edius 4.6 upgrade. So, even Sorenson new version (5.0) is also showing the same problem? I think Canopus should definitely look into this problem. I can temporarily sidestep this issue by using ProCoder 3 - but, there are some things that can be done faster using Squeeze.
Yes, the beta 5.0 version of Sorenson Squeeze still demonstrates the problem. I mainly use Sorenson because it is faster and supposedly the newer version utilizes multiple core cpu's so should be even faster - however some people feel that Procoder 3 (e.g. Mark - "shueardm") gives better quality.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:01 AM   #22
shueardm

Ever so slightly in some cases, not so dramatic that I wouldn't prefer to save many hours of encoding HD Mpeg time. I assume due to no GV response that it is an unheard of problem with no clues for resolve?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #23
tingsern

Yes - I found Squeeze faster than ProCoder 3 too. I have both software ... but I prefer Squeeze. In the meantime, I just fallback to ProCoder until GV acknowledges the problem and issue a fix for this problem then.

On the other hand, maybe I should also send Sorenson an email highlighting to them this problem .... will do that tonight.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 AM   #24
David S

Default EDIUS 4.6 upgrade and Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 = problem

I can confirm what Tingsern said. Edius 4.54 works fine but 4.6 update creates the problem with Squeeze 4.5.700.1. Both Canopus lossless and Canopus HQ avi's are displayed upside down in Squeeze. Windows Player 11 plays them correctly. I noticed when importing them into Squeeze the video displays correctly for a brief moment, then flips them over. When rendered out to m2t their upside down. When I hit the play button in Squeeze they play correctly??
I rendered them from the timeline, file to tape, same result.
I'm using Edius Pro, no nx or anything, and I don't have Procoder 3, I can use Procoder Express. Kinda slow compared to Squeeze.

I don't know who's problem this is? Grass Valley or Sorenson?
Is anyone looking into this at Grass Valley?

Thanks
David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
tingsern

I have put an entry into "user reported problems" in this forum. Let's see what GV say about it then.

I noticed that nobody in GV has commented on this one so far ... wondering why the silence.
Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema
tingsern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #26
pjsssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingsern View Post
I have put an entry into "user reported problems" in this forum. Let's see what GV say about it then.

I noticed that nobody in GV has commented on this one so far ... wondering why the silence.

I would guess because they don't use squeeze.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #27
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Correct. I don't have Squeeze, so I can't really offer any input.

Given that Canopus HQ and Lossless files are fine in WMP doesn't make it terribly obvious to me what the problem might be. Are they upside down in TMPEG? PPro? VLC?
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #28
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
Correct. I don't have Squeeze, so I can't really offer any input.

Given that Canopus HQ and Lossless files are fine in WMP doesn't make it terribly obvious to me what the problem might be. Are they upside down in TMPEG? PPro? VLC?
Only the audio plays in VLC and I don't have TMPEG or PPro. The files play fine in WMP and Real Player as well as Nero 8. Since I have never used Squeeze to encode directly Canopus HQ avi files I went back to some old projects from Nov. and Dec. 2007 using Edius 4.54 and not 4.6 and indeed they are inverted (still frame) but play normally (upright) but when they are encoded they are inverted (played in WMP and other players). I wouldn't blame something in 4.6 since my files were captured from my cameras last year and converted to Canopus HQ on the fly by the 4.54 software - guess it is just some quirky thing related to interaction of Squeeze and Edius. I am not quite sure why my observations are at odds with some of the other people on this forum but these files were definitely captured back at the end of November and the first week of January and we didn't have the 4.6 update at that time.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #29
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

That would be because of a new Canopus HQ codec release, which if I'm not mistaken, won't revert back.
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 AM   #30
shueardm

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post
Only the audio plays in VLC and I don't have TMPEG or PPro. The files play fine in WMP and Real Player as well as Nero 8. Since I have never used Squeeze to encode directly Canopus HQ avi files I went back to some old projects from Nov. and Dec. 2007 using Edius 4.54 and not 4.6 and indeed they are inverted (still frame) but play normally (upright) but when they are encoded they are inverted (played in WMP and other players). I wouldn't blame something in 4.6 since my files were captured from my cameras last year and converted to Canopus HQ on the fly by the 4.54 software - guess it is just some quirky thing related to interaction of Squeeze and Edius. I am not quite sure why my observations are at odds with some of the other people on this forum but these files were definitely captured back at the end of November and the first week of January and we didn't have the 4.6 update at that time.
It has nothing to do with when the file was encoded and with which version of EDIUS. Any Canopus HQ file will be inverted in Squeeze once you have installed version 4.6.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS