Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #11
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Sorry, I'm not the P2/HVX guru - my understanding is that there aren't supposed to be any tricks involved in getting material back onto the disks.

I assume it works if you export to a local hard disk, and then transfer over?
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
tarkken

I've never tried that - however, it'd be pretty complicated segmenting clips into 8gig sections - plus I'm assuming I'd lose the lastclip.txt file (if that's written by edius). Transferring files back and forth can work - getting them to act the way they should, playback, etc is another thing.

Can you forward this to some of your guys over there? Thanks.
tarkken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #13
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkken View Post
Can you forward this to some of your guys over there? Thanks.
I'm not really the go-to guy for that sort of thing - you are best served going through the proper tech support channels to have the issue tested and reported. That way, the people that 'need to know' are all in the loop. (one that's often very distant from my/our loop here)
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
THoff

I just tried this with my HVX200, firmware V4.05, and Edius 4 Broadcast V4.24, using a 720P/30PN project, outputting to two 8GB P2 cards, and had no problem. It was the very first time I've done this.

Is your camera connected directly to your computer, or is there a USB hub involved?
THoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
THoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkken View Post
I've never tried that - however, it'd be pretty complicated segmenting clips into 8gig sections.
Actually, that shouldn't require any work on your part. The P2 clips are limited to 4GB segments due to the FAT32 file system that is used by the cards, so if you have a lengthy sequence, you'll wind up with multiple 4GB files.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #16
tarkken

Well - this is pretty frustrating. I tried it on my HVX200 & HPX2000 - same deal. Tried blank P2 cards, formatted P2 cards, USB cable into the computer front, rear, into a hub, etc. This is an Edius SP tower.

Glad yours is working - I'm officially confused. I've been trying to export back 1080 60i footage from the same style timeline. Can you try that as well, and give more details to your machine?

I'll try it on my laptop next...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #17
THoff

I just tried it with a 1080i/60i project, no problems with that either.

Do you have the latest P2 drivers (the ones that added Vista compatibility)?

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...stp2m/ep2main/

My PC is a home-built rig running Windows XP Professional SP2 + all updates from Windows Update -- I'm anal about updating my systems.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 AM   #18
tarkken

Default Resolved...

Great idea.

I don't think it was the P2 drivers - I think I didn't have the specific camera drivers installed on the machine(s). I could read fine from the cards, but not write back (even though Edius could see the cards in the export window). I installed the drivers for the HPX2000 and I was able to write from both the laptop and my main machine. I assume this will take care of the HVX200 as well.

This is apparently the cause, problem and fix.

Thanks very much for the suggestions.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:42 AM   #19
THoff

How are the camera drivers different from the P2 drivers? The P2 drivers provide support for USB connections to the cameras and P2 Store, as well as P2 cards mounted in PCMCIA/PCCard slots.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #20
tarkken

Not sure... All I know is that I tried the HPX2000 with my tower and my laptop and got that error message (but I could see the cards in the explorer window, and even Edius saw them in the export window).

When I put the Panny disc that came with the camera in the machines, it installed the specific driver for the camera (and may have updated the P2 driver as well). All I know, is that it worked like a charm after that.

I'll try to write back to the HVX200 now - I don't think that camera driver was installed either. That would confirm things.

Thanks for your suggestions in this - wouldn't have gotten here without you.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS