Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 AM   #11
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
I think the issue maybe caused by the audio only file from an audio recorder? You may find that there are 10 files from the audio recorder and as such 10 sequences?

I will make tests to try and recreate it
I will leave the testing to Anton, since he chimed in first, but the few times I have tried the built in sync with separate audio files, I did set a reel name on the audio files too, and had no problems.

As far as the sync routine is concerned, a clip is a clip, and the reel names are used to group them on a track based on the reel name, so it makes sense to set a reel name on the audio clips. My tests were with 2 cameras and 2 audio recorders, using a device name as the reel name, Cam1, Cam2, H1 and H4, (H1 and H4 are the models of the zoom recorders used)

If that step was missed it may have caused the issue. There was no mention of audio only clips it the initial post, only 4 cameras.

While I didn't mention reel names on audio only clips in my original reply, I did alude to it by saying, "If there is no continuous timecode and/or Audio track to use as a reference, things may still not be in chronological order, since there is not a continuous reference for everything to use."
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:55 AM   #12
antonsvideo

yes, all 10 audio files must have the same reel number such as Cam4

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #13
sherri@tidychaos.c

Anton - I took out the field recorder totally for some of the attempts and it did not matter. I got 10 with or without it. (there are only 2 continuous running audio files from the event - not 10)
And I DID label the audio into it's own reel number - should it be a different label?
And yes - BernH - I read that and asked if it was the field recorder main audio running thru it - that there was only music on it, no DJ voice. I was wondering if that was the issue?

I am beginning to think that my first attempt at this was done with footage/audio that was challenging at best, and that my lack of experience/knowledge with the ins and outs of this feature were my Achilles heel here. It resulted in weirdness that I could not understand. I suspect that future straight-forwards multi-cams (even 4) are going to be easier!!!!

Last edited by sherri@tidychaos.c; 10-02-2019 at 02:51 PM.
sherri@tidychaos.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:55 AM   #14
antonsvideo

can I see a screenshot of your multicam bin with reel number column visible

use the smallest bin view so I can see all clips

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #15
sherri@tidychaos.c

OH MAN - sorry Anton - did not see your response to my last post. I kinda got that project lined up and working between the Plural-eyes and Edius lined up files and ran with it to get it done.... didn't check back in here til now.

I wanted to let you know the followup. I STILL have no real concrete ideas, just a hunch that the footage itself with that particular party was the issue. I just lined up another project with 6 separate assets (2 Video Cams, 2 DSLR video cams, 1 gopro, 1 audio field recorder) and had NO issues. It lined everything up into one sequence!

SO - weird, and yeah. :) TY so much for helping me out with that last one, tho. It made it super easy to do it for this one (esp when it all plays nice LOL)

S.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS