Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-26-2018, 03:37 AM   #1
johnweekes

Default bin and palettes won't open

I can't get my bin and palettes to show up. this problem started when I tried to move my windows user folder to a different drive to free up space. tried the shift>alt>L and B, tried deleting Edius and the Grass Valley folder in my windows user folder. I'm stuck. I read creating a new user profile works but I'm not sure how to do that.
johnweekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
antonsvideo

I would move the user folder back where it belongs

then free up space the proper way by investigating the cause of the low space issue, could be a hibernation file, often as large as 20GB or a swap file set too large or temp files caused by Adobe products, I had a customer recently where Adobe Encore had over 60GB of temp files from encodes long finished on the C drive

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #3
johnweekes

Default missing bin and palette window

That did nothing. I think it's a Windows 10 scailing issue. I have had to turn down work cause GV offers no support. I'm very disappointed with them.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:31 PM   #4
GrassValley_SL

As Anton suggested you should keep you user folder onn the C drive.

If that is the cause of your issue there is nothing that we can do but advise to correct it and reinstall EDIUS.

Also you can try making a new user profile.

Note that this forum is not official GV support.

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:05 AM   #5
johnweekes

Default missing bin and palette window

This is an issue with the latest Windows 10 update. It appears that Windows creates virtual monitors. I don't see a fix yet and I'm not sure what the purpose is for this feature in windows but I did see a WORK AROUND.

Press Windows key>P>Arrow down and select to only display on your main monitor. unfortunately you may need to do this every time you log into windows I also set my scaling to 100%. I hope someone finds this as helpful as I did.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:29 AM   #6
GrassValley_SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnweekes View Post
This is an issue with the latest Windows 10 update. It appears that Windows creates virtual monitors. I don't see a fix yet and I'm not sure what the purpose is for this feature in windows but I did see a WORK AROUND.

Press Windows key>P>Arrow down and select to only display on your main monitor. unfortunately you may need to do this every time you log into windows I also set my scaling to 100%. I hope someone finds this as helpful as I did.
Could be but I have the latest windows 10 on 2 systems and am not seeing the issue you are posting about.....

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS