Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 09-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #141
bigrick

Default Vistitle availability

Got the following from George last Sunday:
Yes I am the North American dealer for VisTitle. I only accept prepayment by check or PayPal. The cost of VisTitle is $370. Standard (USPS) S&H is $15 (not including any local taxes). If paying by PayPal add $15. for their fee and the total then would be $400. If you Prefer FedEx the rate would be more depending on where you are.

At the moment, I am waiting on a shipment of VisTitle that should be here soon. If you would like me to reserve one of these to you, let me know.

Sincerely,

George Dame
I am a so-called amateur, making freebee videos (DVD and Blu-Ray) for my friends and family. I cannot afford a $400 titler, but would certainly consider a $50-$100 titler like Vistitle with the upgrade to Edius 6.

Regards all.

Rick
bigrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #142
John Hooper

See the thread I started here:

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=18583
Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor
John Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #143
GrassValley_SL

Guys this complaining about the vistitle price is enough I think.
If you have any issue with the Vistitle price it would be better to contact Videostar the maker and owner of Vistitle.
http://www.videostar.com/index/Eindex.asp
Vistitle is not a GV product.
Thanks for understanding.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #144
rodpike

Wow! what an active thread! I have only just upgraded to 5.51 from 3.62 and am trying to establish a new business here in New Zealand, so I will stick with this until funding/needs permit/demand another upgrade.

Regarding TMPRO: I have had this since 3.5 days and have never used it very successfully. I find it complicated, over engineered and totally non-intuitive. Whereas quicktitler, although basic, is so user friendly- if GVP could enhance this programme while keeping its usability, that would suit me. (I'll just go put on my asbestos suit now!) Cheers guys-what a great forum we have here.

www.voxvideoproductions.co.nz
A set of high quality paint brushes don't make you Rembrandt!

Windows7-Edius 6.55-HDspark-VISTITLE v2.5.TMPGenc 5.vitascene v2-mercalli V2-Respeedr v1-Intel core i7 4770 8mb quad core processor-Asus Gryphon Z87 mobo- 16Gb ram-1 x samsung 256gb SSD 840 pro sata-2xWD 1tb sata caviar blue in raid 0-ASUS gtx 760 overclocked 2gb graphics card. Asus DRW 24 DVDRW DVD player-Cameras:Panasonic AC160A and AF102. and an 8kg cat who sleeps on my desk all day.
rodpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #145
Rusty

Talking Enuf flaming Vistitle!

Did anyone notice Mercalli 2 is included?
I just gave it a whirl and it's had quite the face-lift. A significant version improvement.
Mac users will finally have a useful tool too.
:~)

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #146
VideoOpp

I never did like TMP so this is not an issue for me, but from an objective viewpoint, I would think that everyone must have an old machine around that they can keep 5.x installed on for the archived projects, if they don't want to shell out the $300 for the driver. But it seems to me that if you are getting a lot of requests for project upgrades that you should be able to absorb the cost rather quickly. It's not that much people ..... I paid a 100K for my first NLE and the titler sucked!

As for a good titler for 6.x and forward, as nice as it would be to have integration, I have always used AE as my titler, and am very happy with it!

Work System: ASUS Z97 Mark S, i7 4790K @4G, 32GRam, Window 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
VideoOpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #147
Bart

To Rick, I'm working in the same "category" as you.

My advise:
1. look at what you can do with the combination of Quicktitler and the new layouter etc. in Edius 6. Especially for "amateur" movies, making full use of the new possibilities in Edius 6 offers nice possibilities.

2. Another option is Prodad Heroglyph:
http://www.prodad.com/home/products/...059,l-us.xhtml
Not the best software but it offers a lot of possibilities once you get used to the interface. Works fine as a plug-in for Edius. (hopes it still works in E6 ...)
Heroglyph Rapid is within your budget.
Edius 8.53 WG - Win 10 64 - i7-920 - 16 Gb DDR3 - Intel DX58SO - Nvidia Geforce GT 730 2 Gb - SSD 500 Gb system + 2 x 1 Tb datastorage / databackup + 2 x 3 Tb videostorage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV30 - Sony HDR-HC9 - Sony A77II
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #148
bigrick

Bart,

Thanks for your suggestions. As to Quicktitler, I find the quality very poor. I also tried Prodad Heroglyph, but I find it very complicated, non intuitive and non productive with a steep learning curve.

What I have been using is BluffTitler. This software is very affordable ($45 CAN) and packed with features, specially the 3D features. The quality is super, but it also has drawbacks like a non intuitive GUI, but that has been been my choice for the last 2 years.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to change to Vistitle, but not at their present selling price. I am simply a hobbyist at video editing. I don't make a living at this, but I like quality.

Thanks again.

Rick
bigrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #149
Case

I think sometimes it would help a lot if GV would offer concerned users the reason why long-established features are dropped in new versions of Edius.

For instance, a few versions back when they dropped the Xplode transistions, the reason offered was that the basic framework that Xplode operated in was holding back advances in the performance of the main program. Sure, this partially obsoleted many legacy projects that my customers might want to be "reworked," but the immediate cost to my customers and me was rationalized by potential future improvements to Edius.

Dropping TMP (as lame an app as it is) is troublesome to a lot of users. If GV were to offer a good reason for dropping TMP, it might be easier for concered users to swollow.

Last edited by Case; 10-31-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #150
GrassValley_SL

From the early questions thread:
29 Will current TMPRO owners for EDIUS 5 be able to use TMPRO in EDIUS 6?
Yes a patch will be provided free of charge, to registered EDIUS 5 users via the normal software download section of the website. This patch will be available on the website for a limited period of time - concurrent with the EDIUS upgrade promotion at $299 which will run until the end of the year - and will enable existing users to continue to use TM Pro with EDIUS 6.
GrassValley_SL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS