Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC

Old 05-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #11
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoroy View Post
Thanks BH. Why not make them available for folks who are considering the product but have yet purchased it yet?
It's on my to-do list, which is unfortunately very, very long..
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:14 AM   #12
antonsvideo

see if you can find a used TBC from For-A, I seen them for sale under 2k, most models have H-phase adjustment, you need to adjust this for each tape, because the black bars vary from tape to tape, you may even find variations on the same tape, especially if it was a multicam show that was not h-phased properly

the simplest solution is to crop after capture in Edius or whatever you use for editing

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
videoroy

Thanks Anton. I not ready to spend 2 grand on outboard TBC for this kind of stuff since it's just a hobby for me.

I use Premiere Pro 2.0. Any idea how to crop and center the image? Are there any downsides to doing this in terms of quality, etc.?

It would also be nice to get rid of the jaggy edges and have instead a nice clean edge to the video like you get with digital source material.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
antonsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoroy View Post
I use Premiere Pro 2.0. Any idea how to crop and center the image? Are there any downsides to doing this in terms of quality, etc.?

It would also be nice to get rid of the jaggy edges and have instead a nice clean edge to the video like you get with digital source material.
a TBC will actually remove the jaggies at the edges

I am not a Premier user, but I am sure that it will have something similar to the Edius layout tool to allow a slight zoom in order to crop analogue blanking rubbish, a small zoom like that should not reduce quality (as seen by ordinary viewers)

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Converters > ADVC