Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 03-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
alanlacey

Default temp disable filters to improve PB

Edius 8wg. Please excuse a really basic question but I've never needed to do this in the past. I'm loosing realtime playback now on a edit and wondered whether there's a way of disabling all the applied filters temporarily to improve TL responsiveness.

Many thanks for the help.

Alan

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.
alanlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
dpalomaki

Just uncheck the filter in the Information Palette. Check the box to re-enable it. But do NOT delete it from the palette window if you intend to re-enable it (image from E9 WG).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Filters.jpg (20.8 KB, 21 views)
dpalomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
alanlacey

Yes thanks I know I could do that for all filters but I was hoping for a 'global' solution. Very easy to miss one when reactivating all those filters:-) and what a fiddle.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:55 AM   #4
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlacey View Post
Yes thanks I know I could do that for all filters but I was hoping for a 'global' solution. Very easy to miss one when reactivating all those filters:-) and what a fiddle.
The only way to do it globally that I am aware of is in multicam mode, but that disables the way overlays work.

You could enable proxy mode. it will make video proxies that are a lot easier to play back, then just disable proxy mode before exporting.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 AM   #5
antonsvideo

Quote:
Edius 8wg. Please excuse a really basic question but I've never needed to do this in the past. I'm loosing realtime playback now on a edit and wondered whether there's a way of disabling all the applied filters temporarily to improve TL responsiveness.

Many thanks for the help.

Alan
sine you have Wokgroup, you can switch preview to 1/2 resolution for much better realtime

what sort of filters are you using that cause a slowdown?

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
alanlacey

Thanks Guys. To be honest it's no big deal and at 1/4 res it's pretty good. I've only used multicam a few times, and that was many moons ago. I might well give it a go and see what the consequences are. Never used 'proxy mode' it all looked a bit too complicated for me.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #7
BernH

Quote:
Thanks Guys. To be honest it's no big deal and at 1/4 res it's pretty good. I've only used multicam a few times, and that was many moons ago. I might well give it a go and see what the consequences are. Never used 'proxy mode' it all looked a bit too complicated for me.
Proxy is extremely simple, and from an operations point of view it is a simple turn on/off function, but requires a couple of things in the initial setup.

1 . Go to System Settings>Application>Proxy and choose your proxy quality (larger proxy=better quality)
2. Put the proxy mode button on your timeline button bar.

Now you turn the button on for edit, turn the button off for export. No more complicated than that.

When you enable proxy mode, Edius will make proxies of any media on the timeline, When you disable proxy mode, Edius simply reverts back to the original media. You can also pre-create proxies in the bin so that they are automatically available on the timeline.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #8
alanlacey

Blimey thanks. If it's that simple I'll definitely give it a go. I obviously didn't research it enough.

Alan

Old 03-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
PaulTV

Alan, I think this is really valid, a disable filters on all clips would be so useful - it's not a case of real time playback exactly - it's the fluidity for fast editing that I want, especially if using Sapphire or Neat or Looks or New-Blue filters - I don't want lo-rez proxies - my days of "offline VHS" editing are far gone, so many shots and transitions need to be seen, with effects and at full rez to feel the mix correctly whilst I work.

Disable filters - edit away - enable filters, buffer fill, playback - disable again and carry on cutting - makes massive sense to me.

I'll send this in as a request.

Paul :-)

System 1: Edius 7.5 Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk
PaulTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #10
kpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTV View Post
Alan, I think this is really valid, a disable filters on all clips would be so useful - it's not a case of real time playback exactly - it's the fluidity for fast editing that I want, especially if using Sapphire or Neat or Looks or New-Blue filters - I don't want lo-rez proxies - my days of "offline VHS" editing are far gone, so many shots and transitions need to be seen, with effects and at full rez to feel the mix correctly whilst I work.

Disable filters - edit away - enable filters, buffer fill, playback - disable again and carry on cutting - makes massive sense to me.

I'll send this in as a request.
Paul :-)
Add me too to this request !
Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.51 WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PhantomDrive / PowerDVD etc.
// Read > Test > Understand
kpot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS