Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 01-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Philip

Default Did I miss an Edius setting somewhere?

Since I upgraded to V5 I have noticed everytime I start the Edius application all the GPU transitions are expanded in the effects pallete to see all the different ones. I almost never use these transitions and everytime I want to use something from the effects window below it I have to either close the GPU effects or scroll through them all. I know this is nitpicky and I could just move all my other effects above them but is there a reason Edius thinks we want these available everytime we start up the app? Nothing major but it does bug me.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
TrackRanger

The Effects Palette has two views. Pressing the small folder near the lock icon in the Top Right Corner shows the full effects view. Pressing the Folder Icon on the full view takes you back to the hidden view.

On my V5.01, when I change views, there seems to be a different number of effects exposed. However, I normally leave it locked in the hidden view, and the exposed effects remains constant whenever I (re)start Edius. Hope this sheds some light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EffectsViewHidden.jpg (21.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg EffectsViewShown.jpg (19.9 KB, 21 views)
Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub
TrackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
Rusty

Edius folder open/close thing is kind of a mystery to me. If you close all the sub-folders first, does it stay closed?

I'm not a fan of the effects view.

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
Twain - "Glances at History" 1906
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Philip

I think I may not have explained it quite right. I always work in the effects hidden view that TrackRanger showed in the first view attached.

I tried shutting all the subfolders under the GPU effects, saving my project and restarting Edius. All my effects were closed so I opened the Effect Folder and what do you know the GPU transitions folder is not minimized. I guess if you shut all the folder before shutting the parent folder then they will stay shut. Guess my interface is a little cleaner now.

Thanks,
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
antonsvideo

there is a trick to have it show whatever you want expanded or not expanded

close whatever you wish and then drag that closed folder to the transition icon up the top, this will place the current look in its memory

expand whatever you wish and then drag that expanded folder to the transition icon, this will place the current look in its memory

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
pjsssss

I think I remember Anton having a nice little tutorial about this on his website.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
antonsvideo

yes, I remember that too but I can't find it

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 870 Pro NVMe M.2 for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro
Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
antonsvideo

I found it, I made this with Edius4 but the same still applies
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...d-effects.html

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS