Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Hutch TV

Default Vistitle templates missing

Hi

I am urgently needing to get a corporate edit across the line and of course I have limited Vistitle knowledge. Couple of issues at hand are:

1. I need to improve a Power Point presentation and so have told the client that I should be able to do this in Vistitle. I am hoping to create titles to match a voice over that look like this. Check out this clip at 4:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7KQqKeOpNk

2. The voice overs I am working with typically say 5-6 lines and so that the viewer doesn't read ahead I need to bring the text up as the line is said (just like in the above demo at 4:44) Hoping this is not too hard to do in Vistitle. is there a template that will or can someone send me one. Is that being cheeky now?

2. Has anyone downloaded the manual and is it a good source I should I go for any online video tutorials?

3. URGENT ISSUE - I have lost access to all the preset templates. When I go into "layout"/object/subtitle/ Transform etc there is nothing there so I cant create anything new? Perhaps downloading 1.8 will fix this?

Better get to bed. Big day learning Vistitle tomorrow.

Thanks

Martin
Hutch TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
John Lewis

If working from Edius Run Edius as administrator 1.8 may fix this or ??? try i think it was F12
John Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
VX Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch TV View Post
Hi

I am urgently needing to get a corporate edit across the line and of course I have limited Vistitle knowledge. Couple of issues at hand are:

1. I need to improve a Power Point presentation and so have told the client that I should be able to do this in Vistitle. I am hoping to create titles to match a voice over that look like this. Check out this clip at 4:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7KQqKeOpNk

2. The voice overs I am working with typically say 5-6 lines and so that the viewer doesn't read ahead I need to bring the text up as the line is said (just like in the above demo at 4:44) Hoping this is not too hard to do in Vistitle. is there a template that will or can someone send me one. Is that being cheeky now?

2. Has anyone downloaded the manual and is it a good source I should I go for any online video tutorials?

3. URGENT ISSUE - I have lost access to all the preset templates. When I go into "layout"/object/subtitle/ Transform etc there is nothing there so I cant create anything new? Perhaps downloading 1.8 will fix this?

Better get to bed. Big day learning Vistitle tomorrow.

Thanks

Martin
1) I suggest you to learn from our video tutorials, it is better than our english manual text.
2) If your VisTitle is not 1.8 ver, then please upgrade it to this latest version. It does not need administrator right to run EDIUS. In former version, if VisTitle was installed in C:\Program files (x86)\..., then you have to run EDIUS with administrator right, else, you get empty templates in preset library.

Because I cannot access youtube.com in CHINA, so I cannot see what your clip is like, I understand, do you want to do these jobs with SubTitle?

Hope our forum members who can see that clip can help you to decide.
VX Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Hutch TV

mmm subtitle? What ever gets me there is all I am after.

I will download the new 1.8 version and go from there.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
Hutch TV

Default Previewing audio as I tweak titles

Well its been a good 24 hours. Version 1.8 is good and all the templates are there.

Q. Because I am having to match up titles with audio is there a way to preview the backing voice over as apposed to having to save, go back to edius, play from the time line and hope its all timed OK.

This is very tedious.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products