Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
cinnabull

Default Revolving graphics??

Hi Folks,

I do a lot of sports stuff, and was wondering if theres any way of getting a graphic, in particular a club logo, to revolve/spin on an axis. Hope you know what I mean, and I hope its possible, but i dont know how, any ideas??

Stuart
cinnabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
mattie

yea its possible - use 3D pic in pic is ya best bet
mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
nitrococuk

go to effects window > Keyers > 3D picture in picture ...drag it to logo and then go to small information window (if u dont see it press H ) double click on 3DPIP and the rest is easy
nitrococuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
cinnabull

Cheers for the help so far. I've got the graphic I want to rotate, however, I'm at a total loss as to how to get it as a small graphic in the corner, sort of revolving around a vertical axis if you get me drift. Can anyone please explain in jack and jill how to do this. I have tried the presets, but the graphic starts either too big, or whatever and doesnt look right for what i want,

cheers

Stuart
Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
pjsssss

If you are using 3DPIP simpy grab the scale slider and lower it until you get the size you want. Then you can drag it to whatever position you like.
pjsssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
cinnabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
If you are using 3DPIP simpy grab the scale slider and lower it until you get the size you want. Then you can drag it to whatever position you like.
Hi,

position and size I can do, however, how do I get it to spin / rotate ? I've tried the presets, but then the size and position altars again.

cheers

Stuart
Old 08-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
pjsssss

Forget the presets. Assuming that you want the logo just to sit in one spot and spin, Move the cursor in the 3DPIP dialog box to the end position all the way to the right. Then either click on the spin (orientation) box (located on the right hand side of the preview window in the 3DPIP box) or type in some multiple of 180 in the Y axis under Orientation.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
pjsssss

I should also have said, make sure you move the logo to the position you want while the cursor is at the beginning, so that it starts in that position (of course this is different if you want the position to change). Then move the cursor to the end of the timeline in the box and make your changes to the Y axis.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
cinnabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsssss View Post
I should also have said, make sure you move the logo to the position you want while the cursor is at the beginning, so that it starts in that position (of course this is different if you want the position to change). Then move the cursor to the end of the timeline in the box and make your changes to the Y axis.
Hey Hey,

now i'm getting the hang of it, but i'm becoming a bit more ambitious. Please allow me to explain. I film rugby, and do a dvd of the game for my local club. I want to use the clubs respective logos in the bottom left and right corners, and then put the scores next to them. So far no problem, got them positioned exactly where I want them. However, when I do a slo-mo of the try replay, I think it would be nice to rotate the scoring clubs graphic, get it??. I do the replay on a separate video track, and each of the clubs graphics also have to be on separate tracks I presume if I'm going to get this to work. I have spliced the graphic where it overplays the slo-mo, but cant apply 3d to the bit i need, is there an easy way of doing this, suggestions gratefully accepted,

cheers

Stuart
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
pjsssss

Set the graphic on a separate track, apply 3DPIP and then scale, position ,rotate, and/or spin as needed. Check your external monitor for positioning. Logos with alpha are easier, but if you need to chromakey something you might have to do it in a nested sequence.

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS