Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products

Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
NewBlue_MJ

Hi Tim,

1. Jerry's right that your GPU will have an effect on Titler Pro's performance. However for version 7 we added a new caching mechanism that improves performance when playing back titles in your Edius project. So I can't say exactly how Titler Pro 7 would perform on your particular computer, but it should be the best of any version we've released.

2. Titler Pro 7 includes a number of paragraph formatting options including horizontal and vertical text alignment, as well as kerning and leading adjustments. And once you have your text laid out to your liking you can make graphical changes to the entire text box - move it, scale it, add effects, etc.

3. You would need to first open the template in After Effects, since the process actually works by exporting a Titler file from After Effects. But you will be creating a template to use inside Titler Pro and that's where you would add your text and do any further customizations.

That feature is only in the Ultimate version, but Titler Pro 7 Ultimate is included in our TotalFX package with all of our other effects and transitions, and is available on a subscription plan:
https://www.newbluefx.com/products/totalfx/

I hope this answers your questions! Please let me know if you have any more, I'm always happy to answer them.
NewBlue_MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #12
Bassman

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to follow up on #2 as it seems there is not a text box approach. Is this true? What is bothering me with modern titlers is when a client gives you text to input into a project. This is often longer than a few words and the character based approach does not work well imho.

With a text box you can import a paragraph into an area and the breaks will be made for you to stay in the area you desire. With the other approach if you change the font size you have to go back and set new line breaks
(if you need to keep the area the title takes up constant). Just does not seem logical to me although i know it offers more possibilities for manipulation.

How would TP7 handle the import of a paragraph of text? Right now in Edius' Quicktitler, a paragraph imports as a long line of text. I have to go hit return to a various points to make a multi-line title. One could say - "see, you can make a paragraph". Yes, but if I change the font size or a few words I need to go re-make all of the hard returns because it does not have any restraints.

Thanks for your input.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
Bassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Tim,

1). Playback will be determined by both the CPU and GPU horsepower. Since NB is CUDA enabled, the faster the card the better. TP7 will run with your GTX670, but it will not give you great performance on animated title. Your 10 cores will bear the lion's share of the duty.
The higher the resolution and frame rate used, the more horsepower it will need.

3). It is already in TP7. The only Gotcha for this feature is that you have to have the Ultimate version.
Go here to watch the tutorial on how this works.
https://www.google.com/search?q=expo...rn_QaA2pDACQ25

Here is an older text version of the process:
https://newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-...r-Pro-projects
Thanks Jerry. I was asking because it seemed some titlers in the past had to rendered inside the titler to then be seen on the timeline. Sort of acting like a non-native application. Just wondered if it was designed to act like more of a native titler.

About the After Effects - I watched the video and given how everything needs to pass through AE anyway, it seems like a toss up to just make the adjustments while you are there and be done. I was hoping to skip AE all together and use some purchased motion title things within Edius. I see how this works with the steps but since it is rendered out it seems like you might lose some scalability? Anyway, nice to have more options for the program.

Also I finally upgraded my video card to a GTX1070.

Last edited by Bassman; 10-26-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:37 AM   #14
Jerry

When you export out of AE it is actually being converted into an .nbtitle project. When you import the file into TP7, it opens and you should be able to reposition and change the scale of things that had the variable filter applied.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #15
Bassman

I will admit, I am skeptical about this feature and how well it will work. I have purchased some motion title projects that have 40 or 80 different treatments. Each with their own settings, functions, compositions etc.. From the video I got the impression that each section needs to exported separately. I am probably missing something but it seems like a lot of moving parts giving the huge nature of After Effects.

If it was a one button, direct conversion I might have more confidence. Also, just my opinion but it is a little bit of marketing to say the titler can import AE when a conversion is needed. As you stated, it is not really importing AE, it is opening a NB title at that point. No worries in the end.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #16
Jerry

Each element from within the defined export area needs to be converted so they will be combined into a .nbtitle format. Are all 80 elements on the AE timeline at the same time? The conversion time should be instantaneous on your system.

Here's the difference with your process now. You use your template and then export to Edius. Once in Edius if it is wrong you have to go back to AE and fix it and then export it again.
Using NB, you use your template and convert each element within the title to a .nbtitle. Then you open TP7 within Edius and then import the .nbtitle file of your AE template. When it is opened, if there is a mistake, or mistakes, you can fix it from within TP7 and continue on, all within Edius.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #17
Bassman

I replied to the PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #18
NewBlue_MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
I will admit, I am skeptical about this feature and how well it will work. I have purchased some motion title projects that have 40 or 80 different treatments. Each with their own settings, functions, compositions etc.. From the video I got the impression that each section needs to exported separately. I am probably missing something but it seems like a lot of moving parts giving the huge nature of After Effects.

If it was a one button, direct conversion I might have more confidence. Also, just my opinion but it is a little bit of marketing to say the titler can import AE when a conversion is needed. As you stated, it is not really importing AE, it is opening a NB title at that point. No worries in the end.
Trust me, we would love to be able to import After Effects projects directly into Titler Pro and have them look and work exactly as they do in AE. But as you mention, After Effects is a huge program, and we feel that the best experience for the user is to export the projects from AE, where you can see all the elements of your composition and decide what you want to use.

I do understand that this workflow might not be the most efficient for your productions Tim, but we do feel it adds another layer of functionality that makes Titler Pro an extremely useful titling tool.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:57 AM   #19
Seemedia

My request. Don't bother with Rendering mode on NBT. It always look bad after exporting. More... I can't disable it in NBT permamently ( I have to do it on each separately, title). I have NBT 6 Ultimate.

Also. I don't have Motion Blur Mode. I don't know why. Caleb doesn't helped me.

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski
Seemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:45 PM   #20
NewBlue_MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemedia View Post
My request. Don't bother with Rendering mode on NBT. It always look bad after exporting. More... I can't disable it in NBT permamently ( I have to do it on each separately, title). I have NBT 6 Ultimate.

Also. I don't have Motion Blur Mode. I don't know why. Caleb doesn't helped me.
Hi Pawel,

Just to make sure I understand, are you talking about the "Final Render Quality" setting in Titler Pro?

As far as your second issue, are you not seeing a Motion Blur option in the Titler Pro menus?

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Third Party Products