Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
planetweckesser

Default Use Edius with Matrox MiniMXO2

Perhaps this is the wrong forum to post this - I was wondering if there are plans for providing Edius compatibility with the Matrox Mini MXO2 http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2_mini/

Or as an alternative - if Grass Valley could produce a similar product. What I am looking for is to be able to have high quality external monitoring from my laptop like is available with NX cards, HD Thnder/Storm etc.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
GrassValley_KH
Mr Sparkle

No plug-in capabilities are planned (on our end at least), for this product.

As for an external monitoring solution, ADVC is all we have for the moment..
GrassValley_KH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
No plug-in capabilities are planned (on our end at least), for this product.

As for an external monitoring solution, ADVC is all we have for the moment..
So at some unspecified time in the future Grass Valley might be considering a solution for laptops that would allow the same quality external monitoring output as the NX, Storm,Thunder does for desktops? I can't really do editing as far as brightness/contrast, color correction on my laptop even though it is a top of the line Sony Vaio with an 18.3" screen and 1920X1080 resolution. I just do some basic trimming, transitions etc. and wait for final editing on my workstation at home.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

You could buy a magma express box and put a Nx or a HD Storm it.
That would give you an immediate solution.
http://www.magma.com/products/pciexpress/index.html
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
planetweckesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRsupport View Post
You could buy a magma express box and put a Nx or a HD Storm it.
That would give you an immediate solution.
http://www.magma.com/products/pciexpress/index.html
Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like I could also use it with HD Spark if all I wanted was HDMI output. However the Spark card + the Magma system is nearly $ 1100 compared with the Matrox Mini MXO2 for $ 450.

Actually I would not need this system until my next long vacation which will be June 2010 - do you think Grass Valley might have something comparable by then (to the Matrox mini MXO2)?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
SRsupport
Grass Cutter Gold

That's a question which can only be answered by GV.
For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net
SRsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
Ron Evans

A HDStorm packaged like the MX02 mini would be nice too for recording to HQ from the HDMI ports. One of the talked about possibilities is Cineform with the MX02 mini.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
rone

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like I could also use it with HD Spark if all I wanted was HDMI output. However the Spark card + the Magma system is nearly $ 1100 compared with the Matrox Mini MXO2 for $ 450.

Actually I would not need this system until my next long vacation which will be June 2010 - do you think Grass Valley might have something comparable by then (to the Matrox mini MXO2)?
Just want to bump this. If anyone's tried the Magma box and HDPSARK for hdmi output from laptop.

I'm half tempted to bite the bullet.
rone is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories