Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #11
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
here is a typical Bluff Titler animation, done in 30 sec
https://www.videoproductions.com.au/video/avp.mp4
Nice and impressive

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, 4770K@3.5Ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
kruzer

Thank you kindly for the info :)
I think that would work what I have in mind.
A 'moderate' animation would work, but straight 'news-like' lower third is more suitable.
kruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #13
kruzer

Thank you guys, impressive :)
I have to play around with the BT a bit and see if we can use it sometimes.
Some years ago when I bought BT not many of the animation would work. Yes, we imported the proper way. In this forum people had the same issue with the earlier Edius versions.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #14
kruzer

Thank you for the info, but NB got to be a very expensive place. I use to buy a lot of their programs but now, it's too much money :)
I may check it out and see if I can just get a simple version... if there is any.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:25 AM   #15
kruzer

Yer a lucky one who has AE and know how to use it :)
I have an option to buy all kinds of AE titles but to modify it I need AE and that kind of kills the deal.

I buy stuff over at https://envato.com/#products
very good stuff and relatively low cost.

Do you know if Edius allows to import a picture in the TITLE mode?
I know I can on video timeline... but if it can be imported within the title then I can make my own graphics... non animated.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:01 AM   #16
Jerry

Your thread title is a bit different that what you actually are asking about.

This is what I consider a 'News Format Intro.'
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iIQ...ew?usp=sharing
This was created in Bluff Titler.

This is a custom Vistitle lower third. The SGDVTUTORIALS lettering on the far left is from a .tga alpha image. You did ask about importing images.
Custom Preset in Vistitle.mp4

As far as pricing of Vistitle goes(from the older thread), you will need to watch for sales on the HKVisdom.com website. I've seen it as low as $199. Typical pricing for sales has been $249. The $99 plugin pack is worth the extra money.
If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, 4790K@4.7Ghz, 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
Both systems on Gigabit network
Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, 980x@3.74, Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #17
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer View Post
Do you know if Edius allows to import a picture in the TITLE mode?
I know I can on video timeline... but if it can be imported within the title then I can make my own graphics... non animated.
If you keep your graphics on timeline layers and your text done in quicktitle or photoshop on another timeline layer, you can animate/move/manipulate them independently. Makes for something a little slicker usually. It's basically the same concept as you would use in after effects or boris red. You may not have all the fx available in those softwares, but you can still do a lot.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Last edited by BernH; 07-13-2019 at 06:20 AM.
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #18
kruzer

wow... thanks for this good advice :)
I'll try to work with this as you described. Sometimes it's a bit more work but it's worth it.

Edit:
I have Boris Red but i have no idea how to create anything in that thing. Way more complex than I need.... however it's an excellent program, looking at some of the YT videos :)

Last edited by kruzer; 07-13-2019 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Missed a line
Old 07-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #19
BernH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer View Post
wow... thanks for this good advice :)
I'll try to work with this as you described. Sometimes it's a bit more work but it's worth it.

Edit:
I have Boris Red but i have no idea how to create anything in that thing. Way more complex than I need.... however it's an excellent program, looking at some of the YT videos :)
I only mentioned AE and RED because they are popular compositing packages. If you are not requiring some of the more advanced features of these softwares, there is no real need to use them.

Since you were talking about lower thirds, I suggested the graphics and text separate on the timeline simply because it then allows your to move or transition the background in in a different fashion than the text, without getting into complicated software. I have done this often myself by pushing or wiping in the graphic and then fading in the text on top of it when the graphic is fully in position. This adds a little bit "life" to the lower third without the need for expensive and/or complicated compositors or titlers.

You can, for example, even get a little fancier by using a couple of graphic layers to do something like a static text box, with a stock spinning globe or company logo on a layer above it, so that you can bring in the globe or logo different than the text box, and then the text on a third layer to do it's own thing.

Essentially, using this kind of approach, it is easy to build a relatively slick animated lower third right on the edius timeline, simply by placing each element on it's own layer and using the edius layouter and transitions to manipulate them. You can even build the background animations on one timeline and nest that on the main timeline, just then having to place the text for the particular subject, so that you don't have to redo all the animations every time you need it or routinely copy it from an earlier position. It is simply a drag and drop kind of thing. You can also print it to a file using something like a n HQX AVI with an alpha channel and use that instead of the nested timeline. You can also keep that AVI for future use on other projects if this isn't a custom "one off" lower third.

If you are trying to do something with bump maps or textured surfaces for the text face for example, you may want to go to RED, AE, Vistitle, etc., but this is usually a little "overkill" for a lower third.
Edius WG 9.50.5351, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.8.0.5, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 4TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x2TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software RAID 0/stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Last edited by BernH; 07-14-2019 at 04:48 PM.
BernH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #20
kruzer

wow... this is very good info and many thanks for taking time expand on this subject :)

I'll follow your advice and !

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS