Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories

Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Bluetongue

Default ATI Drivers and E7

For those who may be using ATI cards there is a problem with E7 with the latest updates from 14.4 and onwards
The new drivers load VisualC++ 2012 that Edius uses BUT it is set to overwrite any newer versions, BAD
I have contacted them but so far no reply
Luckily I made an image before updating
If you have the driver installed before installing E7 no problems
The problem appears when using the GPU effects, it almost eliminates the use of the GPU for Edius
Buffer in Edius set to 4G 15 frames
I have a test timeline with NB color fast which normally fills the buffer in 12-13 seconds after the new driver was installed 2 minute and still climbing
Current card ATI HD6950OC
Also tried a new R9 290X supposed to be a nVidea beater, don't know where it works but for video editing it is useless, my test timeline no mater which driver 6 minutes and still climbing slowly
Came from my Grandson who changed over to nVidea for his games, did not seem to work as expected there either
Trying to overclock this card is a nightmare one step too many, BLack SCREEN AND INTO THE COMPUTER IN safe mode to delete the USER<> App Data<> local<> ATI folder
Have not tried reinstalling E7.4 full over an install, during all this I am back to ZERO resets on my licence so will wait I hope till the next version or perhaps need to jump all the hoops to get my resets updated
Gee I miss the DONGLE
BARRY

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,
Bluetongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
SoundFreak_HD

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetongue View Post
Gee I miss the DONGLE
BARRY
I also was always testing and tinkering with Edius / windows and drivers.
since the activation limit I fully stopped tinkering and are always 1 or more updates behind, leaving the tinkering to others.

I'm not liking this attitude i'm forced into and wish for the return of the ...... badly.

On the plus side I have much more time free with my kids now 👍

EDIUS WG 9.51 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.

EDIUS WG 8.53
/ HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000 H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.

wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate
SoundFreak_HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Liverpool TV

Hi Barry and Tony.

Have you tried creating a Ghost backup of your setup. There are other disk imaging tools, but I have used Ghost for many years and it is great.

If you get yourself to a basic setup that works, then you can use this to go back to, in case any new drivers or software destabilise your setup.

It's a real pain not having the dongle anymore. But I doubt very much that GV will reverse their present method for liscencing and activation. Although it is not ideal, it's probably a case of living with it and finding the best workaround solution that allows you to do system changes.

It's an old application now, but you may still find it around the web, maybe Ebay.

A typical Ghost image of Windows, base drivers and Edius, takes less than five minutes to re-ghost.

Cheers,
Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?
Liverpool TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #4
Bluetongue

Thanks Dave
I did have an image but using O&O Disk Image but it failed just when I needed it
Don't think it worked in the first place, did not copy the boot file or Windows Registry, in fact unsure what it copied
Back to Windows Image that works well, used it once since chasing this problem
Stopped using it when I loaded Samsung disk Wizard to work with my new SSD and the windows image stopped working, seems to be hit and miss, some have reported it working ok on the forum, but on mine even after removing Samsung Wizard the Windows image still did not work
Anyway it is now working with the new reload, and I have asked to have my safety registration re instated, have looked at the database on the site and it shows 2 registrations to the same computer so that should be OK, only tome will tell
But at least I now have a reliable image, fingers crossed
Perhaps an enhancement for the registration would be for the site to check the Computer credentials as some do (Trend Micro) and re instate on that, probably too hard

All the best
Barry

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,
Bluetongue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > EDIUS: Compatible Hardware and Accessories