Grass Valley Forums Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS

Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
skimmel

Default No audio in multicam timecode sync

Hi everyone. I'm trying out Edius this week (thinking of moving from Premiere). I'm loving the program so far but have 2 questions I can't figure out:

1) When I am in multicam mode using timecode sync and I bring in clips to a V and an A track, only the video, not the audio, comes into the timeline. It works with a VA track but not with a separate V and A track.

2) Is there a way to output multiple audio tracks as separate files with one export?

Thanks.
skimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Alade

I would advise you to use all VA tracks, then copy the track you want to use as your final audio, and paste it to a seperate audio track, and after syncing all the tracks, mute the audio on the VA tracks....if you do not use this method, you will find that as you switch between cameras, the audio will switch as well.....When the edit is finished, you will then choose "compress to single track". To add transitions, you will need to select extend clips from the settings menu, and do you thing.....There is a video tutorial on this somewhere on the net...I don't have the link right now, but if I should find it, I will return and post it.....

Here is a link...

http://www.learningace.com/doc/63227...g-with-edius-6

I prefer to keep all the cameras as VA tracks...it gives me more real astate to work with in the screen, plus it keeps all audios from each camera in tact, no mixups, etc.....plus if for some reason I need audio from any other camera other than the one i chose as my main audio, I just copy and paste on another audio track.....just my way, Hope this helps you..

Here is another tutorial that may be interesting for you in the future...just that you will know that Edius is a very easy tool, and that you don't need too many third party plugins...

Just helping ...there are many others that you can view.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6oTJ2Ex3Sg

Last edited by Alade; 05-16-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
antonsvideo

I have no problems with audio when using V + A tracks

as long as the V patch is next to V1 and the A patch is next to A1

also, the A at top left needs to be enabled

EDIUS 9 WG with Matrox MXO2, Asrock X99 Extreme 6, Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Haswell-E 8-Core, Corsair Water Cooling, Nvidia Geforce GTX-980, Samsung 860 Pro SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 3 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Fractal Design Arc XL Tower, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win7 Pro
antonsvideo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
Alade

Yeh Anton, I know, but I like to have a lot of real estate for when I have to expand clips....limiting my audio tracks gives me that extra room to work......
Alade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
skimmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
I have no problems with audio when using V + A tracks

as long as the V patch is next to V1 and the A patch is next to A1

also, the A at top left needs to be enabled
This is what's not working for me. If I drag a file into the sequence, even with the V patch next to V1 and the A patch next to A1, the audio doesn't come in with the clip. Now, if I don't use Timecode sync, it works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Ron Evans

I use the same approach of using VA tracks too. Use the audio to sync initially then fine tune video sync in multicam mode. Then export the audio from each track for further editing in my case in Vegas and Sound Forge then bring in just the edited audio track into A1. Mute the audio on all the VA tracks. Multicam editng will then not alter this audio track of course.

Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 17, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
skimmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
I use the same approach of using VA tracks too. Use the audio to sync initially then fine tune video sync in multicam mode. Then export the audio from each track for further editing in my case in Vegas and Sound Forge then bring in just the edited audio track into A1. Mute the audio on all the VA tracks. Multicam editng will then not alter this audio track of course.

Ron Evans
Thanks. To export the audio from each track, do you have to do a separate export for each track??
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Ron Evans

Yes I sync up then take a wav file from each of the tracks I am going to use. Disable all the tracks I do not want and export. In my case the shotgun mic from my NX5U and stereo from the NX30U. I sometimes have the XR500 set for 5.1 with the Sony Bluetooth mic at stage level or my Zoom H4, these I sync up in Vegas.

Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 SATA OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS 9.5 WG, Vegas 17, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Grass Valley Forums > Editors > Editing with EDIUS